What decides what video parameters are parsed?

A forum for Bolt related questions / issues

What decides what video parameters are parsed?

Postby Logfather » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:13 pm

Autoplay in Youtube and Vimeo embed (video.responsive) works sweet for example but other parameters like 'autohide' do not even show up in the source. I add them through a video field in the back-end.

Even better would be if a string like this (?rel=0&autohide=1&hd=1&iv_load_policy=3&modestbranding=1&showinfo=0&showsearch=0) is added to every YouTube video but I'm ok adding it myself in the back-end..
Logfather

Re: What decides what video parameters are parsed?

Postby Logfather » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Wouldn't it be smart and useful if links like "http://youtu.be/abc1234" would turn into embbed + responsive videos in a plain HTML / contentfield as well? That's what I have become used to through WordPress at least. I really don't want to copy paste complete embed codes anymore and copy pasting all the parameters I want to the end of them...
Logfather

Re: What decides what video parameters are parsed?

Postby Bob » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Yes, it would be nice to have that. We would be duplicating part of the oembed functionality, but if that results in something that would be better for our users, I wouldn't mind.

The issue with Oembed is that we're reliant on what the providers give you, HTML-wise.. You can request something like "i would like an embed that's 480 pixels wide that starta automatically". It is up to the provider however to return whatever HTML they see fit. It might be the requested size, but it might also be a few pixels larger or smaller. :-)
Bob
Lead Developer

Return to Bolt Discussion