Is Bolt right for me?

A forum for Bolt related questions / issues

Is Bolt right for me?

Postby Biscuit » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi. I'm interested in trying out Bolt as I very much like the approach that's been taken, but I'd appreciate some advice if it's suitable for my use. I'm more content orientated but able to mess with a little code.

I intend to build a knowledge base, the final size could be as much as 10,000 pages added over a number of years. The data/category structure would be similar to a movie database. Lots of names and tags associated with projects.

What's most important is being able to return searches for certain criteria, so I see that matching custom fields in Bolt would be very useful and I've used YAML before so from a glance at the docs I think it's capable. I'd expect users to be returning searches with at least hundreds of results.

What I'm wondering is if Bolt is appropriate and performs well at this type of task?

My main concerns would be the speed of fetching search results and initial loading time of pages (especially homepage).
Biscuit

Re: Is Bolt right for me?

Postby Bob » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:49 pm

If the data-structure is simple enough, sure. I would use Mysql or postgres though, instead of sqlite.
Bob
Lead Developer

Re: Is Bolt right for me?

Postby Biscuit » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've already installed Bolt with mysql to test on a smaller site, was very easy and looks good. I'll keep what you say in mind while sorting the content types etc. Thanks for the assurance - sometimes it helps hearing things from the horses mouth.
Biscuit

Return to Bolt Discussion