Filtering available fields in Select / The Listing slug

A forum for Bolt related questions / issues

Filtering available fields in Select / The Listing slug

Postby Merritt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi everyone,
first of all, this is an amazing CMS. Finally one that abstractifies the concept, where you're not dependant on a billion extensions. Thank you, developers, you helped create the future here. Of course, there is still work to be done, but this CMS is amazingly promising.

So, to my questions:

First of all, is there a way to filter what entries of a contenttype are available in a select field? Say I sell Audio plays. And when ordering, I want the customer to be able to select the plays that are available on CD. The plays all have a value of 0 or 1 for whether or not you can order it on CD (if not, they are sill displayed in the listing).
so I need sort of a "where" expression for the values field. Something like:

values: audioplays/title where cdtoorder=1

Is this possible?
Also, I can't find a way to implement a checkbox into a contenttype in the backend. If this exists, it's not documented as far as I can see.

Secondly: In a listing template, is it possible to fetch the contenttype's slug? Or name? This would be great for h1s, seeing as the only way to implement the contenttype name in a listing is to create an extra template.

Thank you very much in advance for your advice!
Merritt

Re: Filtering available fields in Select / The Listing slug

Postby Merritt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:58 pm

Okay, another problem just occured:
apparently, SimpleForms does not accept a contenttype and field in its 'choice' field. Is there a way to work around this?

The thing with the checkbox solved itself by the way. There's a field type "checkbox" that's just not in the documentation.
Merritt

Return to Bolt Discussion