PivotX to Wordpress (export)

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

PivotX to Wordpress (export)

Postby loggies » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi guys,

After 3 years of running Pivot and later PivotX, i want to try to run Wordpress. Also to make comparisons and which system i want to use in the future.
I want to import my PivotX data (almost 1000 entries) to Wordpress but can not find any import script which makes this possible.

I can understand that the developers didn't made this possible yet because they want that people use PivotX instead of Wordpress but i really think that this feature has to be in the PivotX CMS.

Maybe there is allready someone who did this before and can help me.

Question: How do i export my PivotX data to Wordpress?

Thanks in advance,

Jacob.
loggies

Re: PivotX to Wordpress (export)

Postby Schop » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:35 am

Hmmm, that sounds like the wrong approach. If your looking for functionality to import your entries into Wordpress, wouldn't that be functionality of Wordpress? Just like importing Wordpress entries into PivotX would be PivotX functionality...you wouldn't ask for that on a Wordpress forum I suppose?
Schop
Contributor

Postby jult » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:53 am

Since PivotX is a lot smaller, it's not so strange to start asking here. If you think it is, you're not thinking straight.
The format Wordpress uses is a LOT more common. The flatfile format pivotx uses is very uncommon. WP people don't have any idea how pivotx decided to store its posts, the developers at pivotx know what they've done. So export from pivotx is way more logical.
Last edited by jult on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jult

Postby Harm10 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:55 am

jult wrote:Since PivotX is a lot smaller, it's not so strange to start asking here. If you think it is, you're an idiot.

I think Schop is right. Import functionality is something you'd expect from the platform that's importing (and that has nothing to do whether you are big or small).
And please mind your language! :oops:
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Schop » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:29 pm

jult wrote:Since PivotX is a lot smaller, it's not so strange to start asking here. If you think it is, you're an idiot.

Nice way to start a 3 year old discussion back up. LOL.
Schop
Contributor

Postby hansfn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:47 am

Question: How do i export my PivotX data to Wordpress?

Through the normal RSS feed - change it to incude all posts and not excerpts, but complete posts. See recent discussion in this forum thread.
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Support Forum