Ways to create new/update templates

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Ways to create new/update templates

Postby timothyday » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:00 pm

I've started fooling around with my templates and those on pivotstyles.net and am working my way through the new [[subweblog name="standard']] and [[/subweblog]]. Is now a good time to start thinking on ways to easily update these template and start a guide for the wiki in how to use the new [[ohmy]] in future templates? Or will changes to the [[heehaw]] usage be coming before the beta version? Perhaps a script that can update these?
timothyday

Re: Ways to create new/update templates

Postby Bob » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:59 pm

The new template language is called Smarty, so if you read the smarty manual at smarty.php.net, you'll get a good idea for how it works.

Our implementation in pivot will probably change slightly, but not a great deal. We're not quite sure how we're going to make the transition from Pivot 1.40 to PivotX 2.0 as smooth as possible. Most old template tags still work, but not all.

Perhaps a script to convert them is a good idea. I could see an online template conversion, where you paste in all your templates for the frontpages, _sub_entry_blabla, and that it then gives back the converted templates. Hmm, interesting idea, if i say so myself :-)..
Bob
Lead Developer

Return to 2.x Support Forum