browse/0 = browse/1

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

browse/0 = browse/1

Postby ktbre » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:00 pm

The "digg" function lists the same selection of posts for page 1 (URL:.../browse/0) and page 2 (URL:.../browse/1) when browsing.
The actual second page of posts is listed first when going to page 3 (URL:.../browse/2).
I'm using Pivotx 2.3.1 and the "bare bones" template, which has this entering in the frontpage_template.html:
[[ paging action="digg" ]]

Any ideas?
ktbre

Re: browse/0 = browse/1

Postby Harm10 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:45 pm

To rule out template failures please try the default theme which also digg paging on the frontpage.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby ktbre » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:42 pm

I have tried the default template now, same results. I've also reindexed through maintenance menu, and cleared the cache.

But I did some experimenting with a test installation, and it seems the problem occures when you create blog posts for future publishing. For instance, if I register one post for future publishing, this affects the output of the second page of browsing ("browse/1"), seems like this page treats the unpublished (future) post as already published and visible on the first page. If I register more posts for future publishing, the second browse page ("browse/1") will eventually display the same posts as the front page, or first browse page ("browse/0"). Is this a bug, or are there some configuration settings I have missed?
ktbre

Postby Harm10 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:13 pm

I suspect this to be a bug, reading your description. Maybe hansfn can confirm this?
BTW are you using MySQL or flat file? And of course: you are running 2.3.1?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby ktbre » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm running 2.3.1 and flat files.
ktbre

Postby hansfn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:52 pm

I can't reproduce this myself, but it might be some kind of edge case. Only published entries are considered, but something is definitely wrong on your site. Could I get access to your PivotX - send a message to hansfn@pivotx.net Debugging this through the forum could take ages.
hansfn
Developer

Postby hansfn » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:06 pm

This bug was just fixed in revision 4036 (which will be included in PivotX 2.3.2). Thx for the bug report ...
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Support Forum