PivotX installation and safe mode / PivotX Setup

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Re: PivotX installation and safe mode / PivotX Setup

Postby hariseldon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:31 pm

dwaas wrote:I'm hopelessly off-topic, sorry for that... but I think I have to contact the webhoster again... it looks like I'm on a windows-server and those don't seem to recognize CHMOD... *sigh

Thank you for your help!

A bit late but I run into the same issue and perhaps it might help someone else

the way you do it on Windows is:
- Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the file or directory.
- Right click on it, and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Use the dialogue to grant Full Control to "Everyone".

Last edited by hariseldon on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
hariseldon

Postby chinamike » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:42 am

not sure if this applies here on this post...

I noticed someone had commented on another thread where one guy was having issues with some error about his database:

Can't connect to MySQL Database Engine

error code 1045

I got the same thing, even though I uploaded it through ftp and then changed permissions (although I had no idea WHAT to change, I simply right clicked on my pivotx directory once uploaded and chose "change permissions" and in the new box I also checked "include sub directories" or something like that, BUT I did not change ANY of the checkmarks. I assume Filezilla already checked the most common? So that took about two minutes to run.

When I went to my normal DOMAIN index of course the new PivotX index showed up so I filled out the required info and then hit the "Enter" I got a new page that showed all the nice tabs at top, BUT...I had a big orange rectangle that showed the above error.

On the other thread the guy assisting suggested choose "flat files" instead of MySQL when you have MySQLdatabase errors/problems. Well I had that choice when I first ran the setup for PivotX, so I went into the dashboard and found after digging, a database tab I think under administration. There I had the choice to change from "MySQL" file type to "flat file"...PRESTO! CHANGE-O! No more warning! Now I need go Google "What is a flat file"?

SO I hope this helps someone who stumbles upon this thread.
chinamike

Postby Harm10 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:27 am

Well what folders should be changed and how to do it is described in the installation docs:
"The following folders (and everything in them) should be chmod'ed to '777':
images/
pivotx/templates/
pivotx/db/"

this is including subdirs (777 is checking all the boxes).
It is really not desirable to chmod everything!
Switching back to flat files (which means all content will be saved in separate files in stead of in the database) is not the solution to this problem.
BTW flat files offer less functionality than database.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Lxndr » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

I rely on this script. I love it.

I just noticed that pivotX went from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6 (I think I noticed 2.3.5, but didn't bother to upgrade). So today, I decided to use this script to upgrade.

But, while it certainly still works, it seems to have some broken images:

http://www.pivotlog.net/pivot/theme/gant/gui_logo.gif
http://www.pivotlog.net/pivot/theme/gan ... rtcuts.gif

I suppose I could try to fix these myself, but I have no idea what the pictures are even supposed to be. (apparently pivotlog.net is now pivotx.net, but there doesn't seem to be a theme called 'gant'). Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix the script (locally, at least)?

(It also complains about split() being deprecated...)
Lxndr

Postby hansfn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:56 am

I'm happy to announce a new version - 1.4.1. Download it from the first post in this thread. Changes:

• Fixed the auto-install/upgrade from SF. It's actually quite nice.
  • Fixed the missing theming (after pivotlog.net was removed).
  • Replaced split with preg_split.
hansfn
Developer

Postby amro » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:36 pm

I have a small issue with my website. I've contacted my webhost to disable php safe mode but haven't heard from them yet. They have recently enabled it, and ever since then my website displays a message at the top that says:

"Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/codesect/public_html/pivotx/modules/module_spamkiller.php on line 20"

Can anything be done or should I just wait for my webhost to disable safe mode for me? Thanks in advance.
[EDIT]: Forgot to mention, I'm running PivotX - 2.3.6. Which reminds me, is there a guide on how to upgrade to the latest version?
amro

Postby Harm10 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:09 pm

This is a problem that has been reported more than once on this forum.
Please use search to find the answers on those posts.
E.g. http://forum.pivotx.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3350&p=16597&hilit=timezone#p16597
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Previous

Return to 2.x Support Forum