PivotX installation and safe mode / PivotX Setup

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Re: PivotX installation and safe mode / PivotX Setup

Postby orangeek » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:39 pm

I just moved to another hosting company (webperte, italy) and I ran into a lot of problems.
On the old host I was using PivotX 2.2.2 on MySQL: I have the backup of all the files as well as the db backup.
If I upload everythyng via ftp, chmod 777 the images/ and db/ db/templates directories, and then try to go to orangeek.org/pivotx/ I got errors like
PivotX: Fatal Error
The directory 'pivotx/db/' is not writeable.
or
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

If I try to install a new blog I got into the same problems but using pivotx-setup I successfully managed to setup a new pivotx blog.

I was wondering if there is any way to use pivotx-setup to "import" a backup of the blog, or if I can setup a new blog and then import all the entries and categories through connecting to the old DB.

thank you
orangeek
orangeek

Postby hansfn » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi,

I'm happy that PivotX Setup made PivotX work on the site, but you should really consider changing hoster (again) if they don't turn off safe-mode.

Anyway, you have (at least) two options:

1) From the parent folder of the pivotx folder, create a zip file containing the images, pivotx/db and pivotx/templates folders. (Or create three zip files - one for each directory.) Use that zip file to "upgrade" using PivotX Setup.

2) Make a zip of the images and the complete pivotx folder from the old site, and install that zip file using PivotX Setup.
hansfn
Developer

Postby orangeek » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 pm

hansfn wrote:Hi,
I'm happy that PivotX Setup made PivotX work on the site, but you should really consider changing hoster (again) if they don't turn off safe-mode.

Thank you for your answer. I asked them to disable safe mode and they did. It works now :)
Now I just have a problem with the length of the database name: the hoster preassign this prefix XXXXXXXXXX4569XXX4342_ (22chars). You can add the suffix but pivotx says there is an "error" as soon as I insert 22chars in the dbname form (configuration page) and it doesn't save the setting.
I know the db is running from phpmyadmin.
any workaround?
thank you

PS do I have to move the question?
orangeek

Postby hansfn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:00 pm

We allow prefixes upto30 characters. I guess the problem is a broken session. Try logging out and then in again before. Can you change the db prefix now?
hansfn
Developer

Postby orangeek » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 pm

hansfn wrote:We allow prefixes upto30 characters. I guess the problem is a broken session. Try logging out and then in again before. Can you change the db prefix now?

It was just extremely slow and even if it still shows the "error" warning in the field, it actually works. :)
thank you
orangeek

Postby dwaas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Old threat but I have a problem

My installation of pivotx 2.3.6. won't work on a new website / domain; this is the error it produces...

Warning: fopen(C:\Inetpub\vhosts\***.com\httpdocs\pivotx/db/ser_config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\***.com\httpdocs\pivotx\lib.php on line 4342
Error opening file

The file C:\Inetpub\vhosts\***.com\httpdocs\pivotx/db/ser_config.php could not be opened for writing!

Try logging in with your ftp-client and check to see if it is chmodded to be readable by the webuser (ie: 777 or 766, depending on the setup of your server).

Current path: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\***.com\httpdocs\pivotx.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function debug_printbacktrace() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\***.com\httpdocs\pivotx\lib.php on line 4376

So I checked safe-mode;

pivotx-check.php says safe-mode is ON
phpinfo.php says safe-mode is OFF (local value and master value)
pivotx-setup 1.4.0 says safemode is ON

So I called my webhosting-company and they tell me safe-mode is definitely OFF

So what to do next?
dwaas
Contributor

Postby hansfn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:19 pm

This is just a normal permission issue - the safe-mode error is different. (The reason pivotx-check.php and pivotx-setup.php says safe-mode is on, is that safe_mode is set to "Off" in stead of 0 in php.ini - or something similar. This has been fixed in PivotX itself - look at the function ini_get_bool in the file lib.php.)
hansfn
Developer

Postby dwaas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Ah oke, Thank you, that clears some stuff up :)

So it has something to do with de chmode 777 of /db / templates and the other directory then.
These directories should be fully accessible... but I'll try again to change it...
dwaas
Contributor

Postby Harm10 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:57 pm

dwaas wrote:These directories should be fully accessible... but I'll try again to change it...
Sometimes you need to redo the 777 because some files were created after the initial (install) action with the incorrect permissions.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby dwaas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:20 pm

I'm hopelessly off-topic, sorry for that... but I think I have to contact the webhoster again... it looks like I'm on a windows-server and those don't seem to recognize CHMOD... *sigh

Thank you for your help!
dwaas
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Support Forum