Upgrading from Pivot 1.X to PivotX issues

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Upgrading from Pivot 1.X to PivotX issues

Postby Forest » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:09 pm

I tried to upgrading from Pivot 1.X to PivotX. I followed the manual, discribed here: http://book.pivotx.net/index.php?page=4 ... _pivot.php

But after uploading the import_pivot.php-file, I don't know exactly what to do. I filled in the form (http://frikandeltest.nl/pivotx/import_pivot.php), but than I'll get the message en nothing happened with my old database-files:

Executed step 1 of the import. Continue by submitting the form (at the bottom of the page) again.

Completed step 1 of the import in 0.091 seconds. Continue by submitting the form again.

Ca anybody help me? Thanks in advance!
Forest

Re: Upgrading from Pivot 1.X to PivotX issues

Postby hansfn » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 pm

nothing happened with my old database-files

Nothing should happen with your old database-files. Have you logged into your PivotX and checked if the entries are imported?
hansfn
Developer

Postby Forest » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 am

hansfn wrote:
nothing happened with my old database-files

Nothing should happen with your old database-files. Have you logged into your PivotX and checked if the entries are imported?

No entries are imported in PivotX, the 'entries & pages' is empty.
Forest

Postby hansfn » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:06 am

Don't you get a preview of the entries that is about to be imported? If so, did you check "Yes, do it!". Feel free to contact me at hansfn@pivotx.net with more details so I can test myself.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Forest » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:39 am

hansfn wrote:Don't you get a preview of the entries that is about to be imported? If so, did you check "Yes, do it!". Feel free to contact me at hansfn@pivotx.net with more details so I can test myself.

Thanks, did you receive my mail?
Forest

Postby hansfn » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Yes, but I haven't really had time to look at it. I quickly looked at it now. The path to the old database should be "../pivot.old/db", I guess. If you enter "db" it will look for entries in the (new) PivotX database folder which isn't what you want.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Forest » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:04 pm

hansfn wrote:Yes, but I haven't really had time to look at it. I quickly looked at it now. The path to the old database should be "../pivot.old/db", I guess. If you enter "db" it will look for entries in the (new) PivotX database folder which isn't what you want.

Wow thanks, problem fixed! Thanks!
Forest

Return to 2.x Support Forum