PivotX as a real complete CMS

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

PivotX as a real complete CMS

Postby marcable » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for an all-around CMS, which I can use to build basically all websites for my clients on. Things I was looking at are Expression Eninge and Joomla, but in the past I have loved to use Pivot for my weblogs. At the time Pivot was however not complete enough to be used a complete CMS, just for the weblog part.

Now that I see that Pivot X is also supporting content management for static pages and non-weblog pages, I was wondering if this is the way Pivot is heading. Out of the pure-weblog tool, to a full-blown CMS? Basically I'm looking for an answer to whether or not I can use Pivot as my main CMS for all types of websites

Hope to hear from you.

Greetings,
Marc
marcable

Re: PivotX as a real complete CMS

Postby Bob » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 pm

Something in between.. We're focused on making PivotX the easiest weblog tool around, but we know a lot of people want to use 'pages' as well for certain things.

As you might've seen, pivotx has a seperate section for pages. You can add as many as you'd like, you can group pages into 'chapters', which you can use to make menu's and stuff (link to 'other pages in this chapter' for instance). Each template has it's own template setting, so you can make as many different pages as you'd like.

Things we will likely not support are workflow management, extensive editorial roles, form builders or e-commerce modules. (but, hey, maybe some people will make extensions for that once 2.0 is finished)

So, basically: If you're looking to build a site with hundreds of pages, I'd say there will be better options than PivotX. If you're going to make 20, 30 or 50 pages (with or without a weblog), i'm sure that PivotX will suit your needs.
Bob
Lead Developer

Return to 2.x Support Forum