Need help with trailing slash

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Need help with trailing slash

Postby brooksbl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:54 am

So I have installed PivotX within an existing static website as the CMS for the "news" page. It took me a while to redirect all links created by PivotX from "index.php?blah" to "news.php?blah" so that any link clicked will stay within the news section.

I used the help explained here to internally rename index.php to "news.php" - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3522&p=17259

However, now whenever I click a link, it adds a trailing slash between php and ? so the link does "news.php/?e=1" for example. This screws up the page. When I manually remove the slash, it works fine and displays correctly. Why is PivotX adding the slash?

Did the advice I follow on the other post screw it up for me?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

If you want to truly understand something, try to change it. -Kurt Lewin
brooksbl

Re: Need help with trailing slash

Postby Harm10 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi! It would help if you post the relevant part of your .htaccess.
Also state what version you are on and possibly a link to a page where we can see the incorrect link.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby hansfn » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Why is the "news section" located at "example.org/news.php"? Couldn't you use "example.org/news/index.php"? Then you wouldn't have to hack PivotX. In addition, if you turn on Mod_rewrite you get really nice URLs - example.org/news/yyyy/mm/dd/title-of-news-entry
hansfn
Developer

Postby brooksbl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:57 am

hansfn wrote:Why is the "news section" located at "example.org/news.php"? Couldn't you use "example.org/news/index.php"? Then you wouldn't have to hack PivotX. In addition, if you turn on Mod_rewrite you get really nice URLs - example.org/news/yyyy/mm/dd/title-of-news-entry

Great idea! I will give that a go and see how it works out. I've looked into mod_rewrite, but obviously couldn't get it to work.
brooksbl

Postby brooksbl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 am

Harm10 wrote:Hi! It would help if you post the relevant part of your .htaccess.
Also state what version you are on and possibly a link to a page where we can see the incorrect link.

I didn't have an htaccess file.
I'm using the latest version of pivotx. I am trying the new location of the folder first, but if you still want a link, maybe to troubleshoot, let me know and I will set it up.

~B
brooksbl

Postby brooksbl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:25 am

hansfn wrote:Why is the "news section" located at "example.org/news.php"? Couldn't you use "example.org/news/index.php"? Then you wouldn't have to hack PivotX. In addition, if you turn on Mod_rewrite you get really nice URLs - example.org/news/yyyy/mm/dd/title-of-news-entry

Well, I tried it, but now the link goes to "domain.com/?e=2" and now removes index.php all together, so it still doesn't work.

I've been research htaccess all morning. still trying to figure that out and Mod_rewrite.

~B
brooksbl

Postby brooksbl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:30 am

Got it working with moving pivotx to news/pivotx and having a news/index.php
My problem on the previous post was that my settings on PivotX were to go to the weblog, not the site homepage. Resetting it to the site homepage worked well.

Thanks for all the assistance. Still not completely done with all the things I want to accomplish, but the primary task is done. Thank you! Thank you!

~B
brooksbl

Return to 2.x Support Forum