Comment submission code

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Comment submission code

Postby brooksbl » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:08 pm

All,
I've gotten my pivotx working fairly smoothly. One issue I am bumping up against is the comment submission process. After submission, the page changes to blank and it doesn't do anything. I don't really think this is a problem with pivotx, but the way I am using pivotx.

If someone can point me to where the code is for the submission form, I think I can figure out how to correct my side of the website so PivotX can do what it needs to do. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
~B

If you want to truly understand something, try to change it - Kurt Lewin
brooksbl

Re: Comment submission code

Postby Harm10 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:20 pm

What type of commentform template you are using is dependent on your theme.
Some themes have their own version and others use one the standard ones located in the templates folder itself (_sub_commentform.html or _sub_commentform_extended.html)
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Re: Comment submission code

Postby hansfn » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:27 am

After submission, the page changes to blank and it doesn't do anything.

So you get a WSOF (white screen of death). Check the error log of your web server to see what fails.

Regarding the process: All comments are handled by the file pivotx/render.php (which is included by index.php). Look for "Check if we need to handle a posted comment or trackback" in that file to track it further - into the file pivotx/modules/module_comments.php.
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Support Forum