Past entries missing

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Past entries missing

Postby hudsongc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:58 pm

I volunteer to maintain our garden club's website at http://www.hudsongardenclub.org. One page is Latest News and suddenly many of the earlier entries on that page now are not there. I realize they are no longer current news, but we would like to keep them on the site. Is there a setting I need to change? I am just a garden club lady, so please make the instruction for the fix easy to follow if possible. Thanks so much.
hudsongc

Re: Past entries missing

Postby Harm10 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Do you have a flat file database installation? Then try to rebuild the indexes. You can find that option in Administration / Maintenance.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby hudsongc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:36 pm

No, it isn't a flat file. It says myslq when I looked under File Type. A programmer who was a member of our club did the site gratis for the club a number of years ago. I learned how to add new pages and entries, but that's about the extent of my knowledge.
hudsongc

Postby Harm10 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:29 am

First of all your version of PivotX is somewhat older. So an update could be in order.
Looking at your Latest News page it looks like it is meant to be a web page with a pager below it.
The pager is outside the weblog definition so isn't working (did it ever?).
Obviously the intention to show the latest entries could mean that it is not meant to show all entries but only the latest so many ones?

If you can explain what the intention of the page is someone (me?) can have a quick look at the code of the page.
But you need to update!
You can PM me if you want.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Return to 2.x Support Forum