Problem in moving sites to different server !

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Problem in moving sites to different server !

Postby asktushar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:54 pm

I have some 18 Pivotx Sites all hosted on 1 server. I am moving them to different servers.

This is the step i followed :-

Moved all the files to new server. Exported the database and imported the DB to the new host. Changed the DB details in the file /pivotx/db/ser_config.php

Website is opening, but i am not able to get the old content ( Entries and Pages ) Instead i am getting the default posts.

This is how i do for all the CMS. Am i missing anything ? I did it for other CMS also, getting this problem in Pivotx only..

Also, one strange thing i noticed, all the sites have almost similar database :O I mean all my pivotx has DB of same size. How is that possible ???

Is it storing database in files ?? If it is, then what should be the procedure to move sites ???

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tushar
asktushar

Re: Problem in moving sites to different server !

Postby Harm10 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:20 am

I am no expert on this but I am fairly sure you should copy more than only the ser_config file.
How about the ser_users and ser_weblogs files?
To be sure ask hans10. He will probably know.

And when you access the dashboard are the entries and pages there? If so you should check your weblog settings?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Re: Problem in moving sites to different server !

Postby hansfn » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:57 am

Changed the DB details in the file /pivotx/db/ser_config.php

I guess this is the problem. You have broken the config file. Never edit these ser_-files directly unless you have a good text editor and know how serialize PHP arrays are written. (Get a good copy of the file from the old site.)

After moving all the files, log into PivotX and change the database settings in the admin GUI. That should work fine ;-) Things to look out for are permissions on the db, images and templates folders.
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Support Forum