Incorrect paths to entry pages and others

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Incorrect paths to entry pages and others

Postby jomelia » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:35 pm

I just installed PivotX on a client site and adapted the Bare Bones template to create a custom one to make it look like the rest of sire. Worked quite well!

My only problem is any links from the main (front) page of the blog returns me to the home page of the site. You can see the blog page here: http://www.crystaltheatre.org/pivotx/render.php. I still have the sample Welcome to PivotX blog entry.

What I'm seeing is the link to the blog entry (and to any others) is missing the "pivot/render.php" in the link, so the link to the blog entry is http://www.crystaltheatre.org/?e=1.

I'm guessing I missed a path setting somewhere in the configuration but I can't see where.

Let me know if you see my error and thanks for the great tool.

Jack
jomelia

Re: Incorrect paths to entry pages and others

Postby hansfn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:45 pm

You have installed PivotX slightly wrong - the index.php file is missing in the parent folder. (You should never link directly to "pivotx/render.php".)

Code: Select all
webroot/
   pivotx/
   index.php <= You are missing this file.

When the index.php file is present links like http://exampel.org/?e=1 work.

PS! If you already have an index.php file and wanted the blog in a separate directory, the file structure should have been

webroot/
   blog/
      pivotx/
      index.php
   [...]
hansfn
Developer

Postby jomelia » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:54 am

Actually, I do have that structure already in place: webroot/pivotx/index.php, but going to that page brings me to the dashboard login, not the weblog page. Do I need to edit that page to point to the blog? The index.php in my root has require_ice('lib.php') then calls initalizePivotx() and displayPage()

It's when I do a page preview that I see it loads render.php so that's why I assumed it to be the proper page.

Thanks for the help.
Jack
jomelia

Postby hansfn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:56 am

I didn't write webroot/pivotx/index.php ;-) The index.php file should be in the same folder as the pivotx folder, i.e., webroot/index.php
hansfn
Developer

Postby jomelia » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:11 pm

So....what index.php file goes there? In the webroot I already have the site's index.php file. If I rename the pivotx index file and move it to the root, it's looking for the required lib.php, I change the path to pivotx/lib.php and we loading the dashboard login page again. So what am I pointing to to load the main weblog page?

Just to be clear, my site structure is as follows:

webroot(crystal)>
...index.php (site home page)
...pivotx.php (renamed pivotx index.php)
...pivotx>
.......index.php
.......templates, db, etc

Thanks again for the help.
Jack
jomelia

Postby hansfn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:18 pm

I didn't tell you to copy pivotx/index.php - you are missing the index.php that should go in the webroot. (Read my reply above again.)

I have attached an image (below) showing the content of the PivotX zip file - notice the index.php file ;-)

pixotx-zip-file-unpacked.png
pixotx-zip-file-unpacked.png (56.96 KiB) Viewed 5524 times
hansfn
Developer

Postby jomelia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:05 pm

I understood that. But the index file in my web root is my site home page. The blog is not my site, just a page or section in my site. And then I'd like to change my menu navigation to add a menu for the blog page, so in the menu structure there is an item for "Cheryl's Blog", what am I pointing to if I can't point to the site's index page?
jomelia

Postby hansfn » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:09 pm

I understood that.

How? You talked about moving/copying "pivotx/index.php" to the webroot which is clearly wrong if you understood the picture I posted. Anyway.

Did you read my reply once more? I answered the exact question you are asking ...

PS! If you already have an index.php file and wanted the blog in a separate directory, the file structure should have been

webroot/
       blog/
          pivotx/
          index.php
       [...]

The link to the blog the becomes http://www.crystaltheatre.org/blog (or http://www.crystaltheatre.org/blog/index.ph if you want the long version).
hansfn
Developer

Postby jomelia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:20 pm

Apologies. I got it working. My disconnect was that I never had that other index.php file that belonged outside the pivotx folder. I had the one inside but the other wasn't in the zip file I downloaded, so I re-downloaded it, tried again and there it was, with a single line: require_once("pivotx/render.php"); That's all I needed. I don't know if my original install got corrupted somehow. I appreciate your help and your patience.

Thanks again,
Jack
jomelia

Return to 2.x Support Forum