Translation request

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Re: Translation request

Postby hansfn » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:25 am

We are really close to releasing PivotX 2.1.0. If you want to improve the translation for your language, this is the time to act. I'll be on vacation until the 1st of August, so you have at least 2 weeks. The likely deadline is 15th of August.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Logfather » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:50 am

Sorry I noticed this so late. Because I've had to edit it myself a couple times so far I will work on a slightly updated Dutch translation (Months are not with capitol in Dutch for example) and send it to you asap.
Logfather

Postby hansfn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:03 am

Please contact Harm10 (and Bob) before you start any work since they have maintained the translation lately. And if you aren't using PivotX 2.1.0 RC, many things can have been fixed.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Harm10 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:06 am

hansfn wrote:Please contact Harm10 (and Bob) before you start any work since they have maintained the translation lately. And if you aren't using PivotX 2.1.0 RC, many things can have been fixed.
Bob is in the lead for this and I am helping him with this. And indeed the translation has been changed a lot of times to get to level 2.1.0.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Logfather » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Okay, than I will patiently wait! :) Thanks Pivoteers!
Logfather

Postby Harm10 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Logfather wrote:Okay, than I will patiently wait! :) Thanks Pivoteers!
If your patience runs out you can also check the files in the unstable development....... ;)
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby hansfn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:07 pm

PivotX 2.1.0 will be released on Monday 16th of August. The following translations are complete: Dutch, German, Hungarian, Norwegian and Polish. Great work, translators. If your language isn't complete visit http://pivotx.net/dev/translation-stats.html / http://book.pivotx.net/page/3-9 to see if you can improve your language before Sunday.
hansfn
Developer

Postby hansfn » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:20 am

PivotX 2.2.0 was planned to be released tomorrow (15th of November). We are approximately two weeks late so this is the perfect time to update the translation for your language. Visit http://pivotx.net/dev/translation-stats.html / http://book.pivotx.net/page/3-9 to see if you can improve your language before we make the release.

PS! Dutch is handled by Bob/Harm.
hansfn
Developer

Postby smithfox » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:27 am

I have completed Chinese PivotX translation.

I do not know how to upload it to your code repository. so I attach it in the forum directly.

zh_latest.zip
(89.03 KiB) Downloaded 423 times

I wish it be some useful.

-Smith
Last edited by smithfox on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smithfox

Postby Winjer » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:27 pm

I have a problem regarding the german translation: There are some phrases I just cannot translate, probably because I know too little about programming. Most of the phrases seem to be related to extensions that I've never used, so I'd appreciate some explanations.

"Leaf" - this seems to be a directory that's used in the slideshow extension, right? Should I translate the name at all? This problem relates to the following phrase as well:
"If recursion is enabled images from either all subdirectories or just the leaf subdirectories will be included in the slide show."

"Index of image title in IPTC table. (Picasa comments use '2#120'). Leave blank to generate a nicename." - I habe basic knowledge about IPTC, but I have no idea what a "nicename" is. Is this a technical term?

"Filter as any robot" - What does that refer to?

That's all I think. Any explanations will be greatly appreciated!

Apart from that, would it be good two have two german language files, i. E. "Du" and "Sie"? As far as I can see the one we have now is using the colloquial "Du" exclusively. It certainly would be nice to have a more formal version as well, but I don't really know if it's worth the effort...
Winjer

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Support Forum