Translation request

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Re: Translation request

Postby hansfn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:54 pm

@smithfox: Thx for your translation. I have commited it now - see revision 3313.. Because of some last minute changes there are 2 untranslated and 2 fuzzy strings - see http://pivotx.net/dev/translation-stats.html.

@Winjer: A leaf directory is a directory with no sub directories - just like leaves on a tree. "nicename" means a nice name (generated from the file name), but you might as well leave it untranslated. The "robot" refers to search engine crawlers. (The explanation for "Filter as any robot" option is "Test each sitemap entry against all Disallow rules in robots.txt. User-agent qualifiers are ignored, every Disallow will contribute to URI exclusion.") Hope this helps.
hansfn
Developer

Postby smithfox » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:08 am

@hansfn,

Thank your submitting my translation.

I have fixed the new 4 untranslated and fuzzy strings, and upload the latest file here.
zh_2010_12_20.zip
(89.09 KiB) Downloaded 436 times

During the translation, I also found some issue about the po file.

issue1:

I did not find comment form keys like "Leave a comment", "will not be published" etc in the po file.

issue2:

I suggest adding %s after the those sentences, So I can move the %s from end to head.

Other entries about
Entries on this site with
External feeds for
Click icon for a list of links on
Flickr images for
Tag cloud for

issue3:
Because no context, I can not understand some entries:

Nothing on <strong>%s</strong> for <strong>%s</strong>
Latest on <strong>%s</strong> for <strong>%s</strong>
Head of Support
Link Look
Show discreetly
Unlink Files
Paths
Stuff
on
By

issue4:
I guess that the below entries are some proper names. Please help confirm.
Textile
Markdown
Markdown and Smartypants
Disallow cached includes
Hardened Trackback

Thanks
-Smith
smithfox

Postby hansfn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:42 am

Thx for the updated translation. I haven't commited - see the NB below. Please submit it by e-mail to translations at pivotx.net next time - as mentioned in the documentation.

Issue 1: There are no strings "Leave a comment", "will not be published" in the default PivotX templates and hence they can't be in the po file. Maybe this is something you have added to the templates yourself?

Issue 2: Yes, I agree. I'll fix it after we have released PivotX 2.2 (to avoid breaking existing translations).

Issue 3: Yes, maybe the two first is easier to translate if you know the context, but rest of them should be OK to translate - the strings mean exactly what they say. (We should avoid strings like "on", though.) "Nothing/Latest on <strong>%s</strong> for <strong>%s</strong>" means "Nothing/Latest on some website for some tag".

Issue 4: Textile, Markdown and Smartypants are proper names.

NB! Always grab the latest po files from SVN or http://pivotx.net/dev/translation-stats.html (as mentioned in the documentation). The po file you sent me had several wrong headers - in particular an older "POT-Creation-Date" ... And it contained one string too much and two strings were still missing.

PS! I hope you are using a proper po file editor like POedit or Virtaal.
hansfn
Developer

Postby ljhelbo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:03 pm

I just completed a Danish translation - see attachment. Hope somebody can include it at the right place.
Attachments
PivotX-danish.zip
(93.59 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
ljhelbo

Postby ljhelbo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:49 pm

But i also have a small problem. I have translated everything into Danish, so there should be no English words on my site. But there still are a few. The most annoying is the term "Read More" which is shown, when an item has more text than what is shown on the screen. I have tried searching though all the files in the entire site and changing the term, whenever I found it. But it still shows up in English. Anybody knows, where these words may be found?
ljhelbo

Postby Harm10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:37 am

ljhelbo wrote:But i also have a small problem. I have translated everything into Danish, so there should be no English words on my site. But there still are a few. The most annoying is the term "Read More" which is shown, when an item has more text than what is shown on the screen. I have tried searching though all the files in the entire site and changing the term, whenever I found it. But it still shows up in English. Anybody knows, where these words may be found?
Maybe it is in your the theme templates you are using? Which theme are you using?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Schop » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:12 am

You can change it in the settings of your weblog (Administration->Weblogs->Edit->General)
Schop
Contributor

Postby ljhelbo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:09 am

Thanks, the settings solved the problem :D
ljhelbo

Postby nightcat » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi, I've made the translation for Tranditional Chinese (that is used in HongKong and Taiwan).

Please check if this is OK to added to the program.
Attachments
zh.zip
(89.08 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
nightcat

Postby hansfn » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Please don't add your translations to this thread, send them to translations@pivotx.net in stead.

Added March 8th: Commited Danish translation from ljhelbo in revision 3541. Thx a lot, Lars!
hansfn
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Support Forum