Translation request

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Re: Translation request

Postby vdm » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:48 pm

I'll be able to deliver the italian translation very soon; I'm testing now. There are a couple of places were it seems not to be considered:
- in the frontend, when logged in, the "edit" link in entries remains as is;
- in the dashboard, "show more items" in both PivotX news and forum;
- almost all thumbnail creator;
- in the backend, entry list shows always « first ‹ previous on top and Check All / Uncheck All - With the checked entries, do: in the bottom part.
vdm

Postby hansfn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:48 pm

- in the frontend, when logged in, the "edit" link in entries remains as is;

Look in your template - the string is hard-coded:

Code: Select all
[[ editlink format="Edit" prefix=" | " ]]

- in the dashboard, "show more items" in both PivotX news and forum;
- almost all thumbnail creator;
- in the backend, entry list shows always « first ‹ previous on top and Check All / Uncheck All - With the checked entries, do: in the bottom part.

They can all be translated - they are in Norwegian for me. Maybe you have forgotten to remove the "fuzzy" indicator. (Fuzzy strings aren't used.)
hansfn
Developer

Postby vdm » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Thank you. Template is effectively hardcoded (Skinny).

For the rest, Poedit reports no fuzzy translations, and I also checked into the file with a text editor to be sure. Anyway, translation is traveling to you through email now :) .
vdm

Postby hansfn » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:33 pm

You are correct, it wasn't fuzzy strings. However, your default language must be set to English ... Some times that is overriding the user settings. (Yes, it's a bug and it will be fixed, but changing the default language is an easy work-around.) Thx for the translation.
hansfn
Developer

Postby vdm » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:25 am

hansfn wrote:You are correct, it wasn't fuzzy strings. However, your default language must be set to English ... Some times that is overriding the user settings. (Yes, it's a bug and it will be fixed, but changing the default language is an easy work-around.) Thx for the translation.

Thank you, I sorted out also this. My personal language choice was Italian, while the overall site language was not. The latter changed situation the right way.
By the way, the message telling "The configuration for 'language' was... " when changing default language is not translated.
I'm sending you a revision of translation - after change I finally understood how to better translate a couple of sentences.
vdm

Postby bkksinga » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:30 am

I am a new member to this forum and since few days i started using PivotX for my website. In the version i downloaded there was no italian version available. Since i found the italian language pack, i would like to know how to download it and then install it. I saw i need two different files, one of which is it.mo
I am not a php user really.
Thanks to everybody :D
bkksinga

Postby vdm » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Just put that file (it.mo) into pivotx/langs/ . Remember to select site language and you selection of language in you profile as Italian.
And please report of any wrong or missing translations, please. :)
vdm

Postby bkksinga » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:49 pm

vdm wrote:Just put that file (it.mo) into pivotx/langs/ . Remember to select site language and you selection of language in you profile as Italian.

Thanks for suggestion. I will try again and write down what happens ....
bkksinga

Postby bkksinga » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:38 am

vdm wrote:Just put that file (it.mo) into pivotx/langs/ . Remember to select site language and you selection of language in you profile as Italian.

Thanks Vincenzo for the support you gave. really thanks
bkksinga

Postby vdm » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:18 am

Hans: in the backend, the Pages area shows a couple untranslated strings:
Code: Select all
Pages   Add some pages here, or start a new chapter
. As I have translated the Pages word, perhaps there is something not subject to translation (but I even was not able to locate it in the internal templates).
vdm

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Support Forum