PivotX Tools

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Re: PivotX Tools

Postby Gerard113 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi Hans,

I am just i little bit blond. :D . (just overread it.)

I want to ask, i you have time, can you please make the image rename function in the pivotx-tools.php?

I say that i have several the same images with different names.

Greetings,

Gerard
Gerard113

Postby Gerard113 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Hans,

Is is possible to to adjust the PivotX Tools so it iIs also possible the change the author of pages.

Now it is only possible to change the author of entries and not the author of the pages

Greetings,

Gerard
Gerard113

Postby hansfn » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:12 pm

Yes.

And I haven't forgotten your other request above. Let's what I can do this weekend.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Logfather » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:14 pm

I would love the image name change functionality to be implemented. I didn't use it a whole lot with 1.4 Dreadwind but one time when I wanted to change certain images it came in SOOO handy 'cause it's easy enough to change a filename with any FTP program, but then I don't know if any entry was still using it...

Thanks in advance.
Logfather

Postby xzjia » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:57 pm

How about a feature that searches for unused images in the /images folder and deletes them?

I figured any images used by the template should be in the templates folder, and so all images in use should have reference in the entry / page / gallery / extra image field, so if no reference is found they can be safely deleted.

I found that by uploading images for the gallery and what not, and then rearrange / discard them I'm amassing quite a mess of unused images that is extremely hard to keep track and delete without making a mistake manually.
xzjia

Postby rabbeltje » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:00 am

xzjia wrote:How about a feature that searches for unused images in the /images folder and deletes them?

I figured any images used by the template should be in the templates folder, and so all images in use should have reference in the entry / page / gallery / extra image field, so if no reference is found they can be safely deleted.

I found that by uploading images for the gallery and what not, and then rearrange / discard them I'm amassing quite a mess of unused images that is extremely hard to keep track and delete without making a mistake manually.

would really like that too!
rabbeltje

Postby hansfn » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Unrelated to the requests above - the "change author" action now changes the author of entries and pages.
hansfn
Developer

Postby hansfn » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm happy to release version 0.3 of PivotX Tools - see revision 2394 or the download link in the first post. This release adds:
1) Copy weblog functionality
2) Rename image functionality. (Limited to images inserted using the image and popup template tags - not the HTML img element.)

PS! I still haven't added the possibility to search for unused images, but there is an ugly work-around:
1) Create the directory "images/to-be-deleted".
2) Rename the images you think are unused from "whatever.jpg" to "to-be-deleted/whatever.jpg". The script returns how many times the image was renamed.
3) If no entries or pages used the image, you can safely remove it from "images/to-be-deleted".

NB! Always back-up your database before running dangerous scripts (like image renaming).
hansfn
Developer

Postby Logfather » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:00 pm

After this short thread I'd like to request PivotX Tools to be given the power (haha) to easily throw entries from one category to another and to RENAME categories. Is this possible? :)
Logfather

Postby Harm10 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Logfather wrote:After this short thread I'd like to request PivotX Tools to be given the power (haha) to easily throw entries from one category to another and to RENAME categories. Is this possible? :)
Seems like a good enhancement! So I second this request! Please also include pages/chapters.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Support Forum