Searching the forum

Use this forum to make posts not related to PivotX. Do you use a tool that someone else might like or need to test something like your signature or some bbcode? This is the right place for you! Spamming will not be tolerated.

Searching the forum

Postby dwaas » Thu May 29, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi,

If I want to search for something on the forum, it's often near impossible to find anything because of "words that are to common"to search...

For instance: I have a question about a month in the archives not showing up in the archivelist if all the articles have a different category than default (so if there is no article in the category default).

If I try a search with combinations of the words: default, category and archive...nothing showes up because all these words are too common :(

Please tell me how to search, or turn off this "feature" ;)

Regards, Danny
dwaas
Contributor

Re: Searching the forum

Postby StefanW » Fri May 30, 2008 2:21 pm

Got the same problem
Trying to search for "search problem" gives this answer
"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: problem search.
Or: Looking for "search does not work" gives:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: does not search work."
Well System describes itself perfectly...
:?
You might guess that i am looking for the solution of a problem with the search option on my pivotx site (http://www.anwen.de) and you are right.
So i am not going to tell you that the search on my website is not working and i just found an article by browsing this forum that says "now that i have my search working ..." without telling how :shock: ...
Anyway it would we very nice if we could search this forum (again).
Best
Stefan.
"there is no automatism in communication that creates sense"
StefanW

Postby Schop » Sat May 31, 2008 3:34 am

Agree!

I was looking for something about adding php code to the templates, and couldn't find it because of 'too common words'. I think I searched for 'include php code template', and that's not allowed. Found the answer by just browsing through all the forum pages.. :|
Schop
Contributor

Postby winter » Sat May 31, 2008 4:01 am

That is correct. Always does the same for me. Seems broken. Perhaps an over zealous spam measure?
You are reading this text.
winter

Postby dwaas » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:56 pm

Browsing the topics does the trick for me too... for now! It won't stay eight pages of topics for long... ;)
dwaas
Contributor

Postby Bob » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Hmm, that's odd. I'm not sure how to fix it, since i can't seem to find anything in the PHPBB admin control panel. It _should_ be there, somewhere.. :-/

Gris, can you find it? http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=949235
Bob
Lead Developer

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:32 am

I am terribly sorry for the time it has taken me to get to this post. I blame it on the beer and people of Norway. :p

I located the 'common' word filter that was active in the forum. It was set to the default setting of 5% which would filter words that were contained in 5% or more of the posts. From now on common word filters will not be used.
BlogThemesExtensionsDocumentation • Support PivotX - Click the Donate button today!
Kevin
Administrator

Postby dwaas » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:52 pm

A search still gives a lot of "to common" replies...

but I've found a workaround: use a wilcard! For example: "pivotx" turn's up a "too common"-reply, but "p*votx" just does the search (145 replies ;) )

regards
dwaas
Contributor

Postby lijn » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:15 pm

dwaas wrote:A search still gives a lot of "to common" replies...

but I've found a workaround: use a wilcard! For example: "pivotx" turn's up a "too common"-reply, but "p*votx" just does the search (145 replies ;) )

regards

Thanks Dwaas, that did the trick for me.
Still think this needs to be fixed though :D
lijn

Return to The Drain