leave pivotx for go where?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

leave pivotx for go where?

Postby loriswave » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi,
I have a pivotx blog since 2008, I have wrote my extensions and my themes and, honestly, I have always been happy and satisfied.

Now is time to think to the future and so I'm here to ask: which CMS would you use?

I have tryed WP but it seem complicated.
Some extensions (PHPlist integration for memebership for example) that I have wrote for Pivotx there are not and I not know how do, also make a simple template seems too heavy respect to pivotx.

At the same time adopt a CMS like bolt or similar that are rarely used and not have secure future...

I know that also WP can die, but the possibilities are not the same respect to others.

So, pivotx users, what do you think about this topic?
loriswave

Re: leave pivotx for go where?

Postby hansfn » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:59 pm

If you are happy with PivotX, why leave? We do make new security releases still, and very soon there will be a release of PivotX that adds PHP 7 compatibility.

An important (and easy) change would be to move the project repository to Github, to make it easier for other people to contribute since there no longer is a development team behind PivotX.
hansfn
Developer

Postby loriswave » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:52 am

hansfn wrote:If you are happy with PivotX, why leave? We do make new security releases still, and very soon there will be a release of PivotX that adds PHP 7 compatibility.

An important (and easy) change would be to move the project repository to Github, to make it easier for other people to contribute since there no longer is a development team behind PivotX.

I'm still waiting and continue to use PivotX, I hope that this will survive
loriswave

Postby hansfn » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:26 am

I'm very sorry that the promised new release hasn't been posted yet. (It will get version number 2.4.) Anyway, just grab http://pivotx.net/files/unstable-develo ... latest.zip It works for PHP 7 and is stable.
hansfn
Developer

Postby winters » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 pm

hi hans

when use the search option within pivotx (last version that seems to work fine with php 7, except this error)

do you happen to know if this is fixable?

thanks!
willem

Code: Select all
[09-Nov-2018 23:08:38 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function Extensions::haveHook(), 1 passed in /home/public_html/wall/pivotx/modules/module_search.php on line 624 and exactly 2 expected in /home/public_html/wall/pivotx/modules/module_extensions.php:582
Stack trace:
#0 /home/public_html/wall/pivotx/modules/module_search.php(624): Extensions->haveHook('weigh_search_re...')
#1 /home/public_html/wall/pivotx/modules/module_search.php(1046): searchIndex(Array, '', 'wall', '', NULL)
#2 /home/public_html/wall/pivotx/modules/module_parser.php(568): searchResult(NULL)
#3 /home/public_html/wall/pivotx/modules/module_parser.php(117): Parser->renderSearch()
#4 /home/public_html/wall/pivotx/render.php(268): Parser->render()
#5 /home/public_html/wall/index.php(23): require_once('/home/publ...')
#6 {main}
  thrown in /home/public_html/wall/pivotx/modules/module_extensions.php on line 582

winters

Postby hansfn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:39 pm

Hi! I don't spend mucn (any) time on PivotX, but this fix might be as simple as providing a default value. On line 582 of module_extensions.php replace

function haveHook($type, $action) {

with

function haveHook($type, $action="") {

Did it help?
hansfn
Developer

Postby winters » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:40 am

WOW! thanks Hans

Pivotx is now (seems to be) working fine under php 7.2!

Have a nice evening!
willem
winters

Postby ningus » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Thanks guys! Good to know, that PivotX will still work under php7.2.

Right now I’m testing Hans’ development version under php7.1 with good success, though I experienced a similar error upon attempt to log out of PivotX’ back-end. Error reads like so

( ! ) Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function Events::add(), 1 passed in /www/site/pivotx/objects.php on line 2313 and at least 2 expected in /www/site/pivotx/objects.php on line 3612
( ! ) ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function Events::add(), 1 passed in /www/site/pivotx/objects.php on line 2313 and at least 2 expected in /www/site/pivotx/objects.php on line 3612

The solution according to Hans’ fix looks like this. Replace line 3612 in pivotx/objects.php

function add($what, $uid, $extrainfo="") {

with

function add($what="", $uid="", $extrainfo="") {
ningus

Postby winters » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:03 pm

cool news! would love to test as well.
winters

Return to 2.x Discussion