Pivot 2.x release date

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Pivot 2.x release date

Postby Mickey98 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:08 am

Hi there,

Upgraded to PivotX a while back. Got to say I really love it. You guys did a great job.
I only expected the follow-up release would have been made available a bit sooner.

Can you tell us anything about when an update is due which makes quit some functionality we had in PivotLog (like ping- and trackback) available?

Kind regards,
Michel
Mickey98

Re: Pivot 2.x release date

Postby hansfn » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Read the Any plans for a bug fix release? forum thread.
hansfn
Developer

Postby streeff » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:26 pm

The thread that you're referring to is 2 years old...
Evert Albers, Streeff - web // branding // information design - Amersfoort & Amsterdam, NL
Site: http://www.streeff.nl
streeff

Postby Schop » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:11 pm

Damn...is it 2011 already?
Schop
Contributor

Postby streeff » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:44 pm

I'd swear all posts had 2007 timestamps on them when I checked earlier today. Must have had too many cappucinnos.
Evert Albers, Streeff - web // branding // information design - Amersfoort & Amsterdam, NL
Site: http://www.streeff.nl
streeff

Postby Mickey98 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:36 pm

hansfn wrote:Read the Any plans for a bug fix release? forum thread.

Tnx for the response but this post is only telling me with what interval dev.releases are coming out. Tells me a lot about unstable branches being stable and that nothing is bug-free.

That was not my question.
I am wondering is there's a date planned when a newer version, 2.x, will be released.

I's rather wait for a newer version of PivotX an install that once than update daily and check the change log on a daily basis.

Question is fair enough, right?
Mickey98

Postby hansfn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Yes, and you got an answer ;-) I have pointed you to the best resource for getting a better PivotX.

Bob, the main developer (who makes the releases) are drowning in paid work. So far no one as stepped up and donated or paid to get a new release. We aren't expecting anyone to donate/pay for new releases, I'm just explaining why you (all) have to wait for a new official release.

PS! Why on earth would you "check the change log on a daily basis"? Just grab the file now. That version is far better than 2.0.0. You don't need to grab the latest version every day - just if something doesn't work as expected or you know a new feature that you need very much, has been added.
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Discussion