Thumbnailing?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Thumbnailing?

Postby Harm10 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:09 pm

I have some problems with the thumbnails in [[ gallery ]]. For somewhat larger files (around 1 Mb) the thumbnails are not showing. I don't know whether this is some error but when investigating the timthumb.php code I found that there are not a lot of possibilities in there. When looking around I found phpThumb http://phpthumb.sourceforge.net/ which looks to have far more possibilities. Shouldn't this one be implemented into PivotX too? And does anyone have experience with phpThumb?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Re: Thumbnailing?

Postby xzjia » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:03 am

Mostly likely due to GD library running out of memory, due to a low PHP memory limit.

You could check the memory allocated to PHP in a phpinfo file, to see whether that's the problem.

If it is the case then there's not much you can do other than try to get them to raise the limit or switch plan/host. Personally I got like 20mb limit and I can't get GD to manipulate anything over 1600ish px wide, but that's about as big as I want to post on the web anyways due to download speed.
xzjia

Re: Thumbnailing?

Postby Harm10 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:57 am

Although I appreciate your suggestion about correcting my timthumb problem I'd like to have this discussion about replacements/alternatives for timthumb. I'll post my problems with timthumb into the Bugs section. Thanks! ;)
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Return to 2.x Discussion