Attach file(s) to article

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Attach file(s) to article

Postby mbootsman » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:11 am

Hello,

Just a simple question. I am using Pivot right now, and I am wondering if PivotX will have the opportunity to attach files to the articles?
mbootsman

Re: Atach file(s) to article

Postby ptr » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:49 pm

I don't know what you mean. Can you explain a bit more?
ptr
PivotX Team

Postby mbootsman » Thu May 01, 2008 8:27 am

Well very simple, I want to attach a file to an article, by means of uploading the file. In the same way you attach a file to an email.
mbootsman

Postby hansfn » Fri May 02, 2008 7:33 am

Well, attaching a file is the same as linking to a file so, yes, of course. There are four ways:

0) Very slow: Upload the image using FTP, and add a link to the uploaded file (using standard HTML).
1) Manually/slow: Upload the image using the Manage Media screen, and add a link to the uploaded file (using standard HTML).
2) Half automatic: Upload the image using the Manage Media screen, and insert the link using the download template tag.
3) Fully automatic: Use the "Insert Download" dialog/button (in the editing toolbar) in the New Entry screen. In that dialog you upload the file and create a link (using the download template tag) at the same time.

Unfortunately PivotX 2.0 beta1 contains some bugs so the download template tag and the "Insert Download" dialog doesn't work. However, there is already a patch - see this post.
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Discussion