email not sent for comments posted

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

email not sent for comments posted

Postby RickyGoldsmith » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Hello All,

I'm using PivotX 2.1.2. I recently realized that no email is delivered to me when a visitor leaves a comment on my blog.

For every weblog, we can specify an email address. I've done that. I don't see there a place to add the SMTP server. So
I'l assuming that PivotX is taking care of it and does not have a dependency on an MTA.

But I'm not receiving any emails at all. Could somebody please help me in nailing this issue ?
RickyGoldsmith

Re: email not sent for comments posted

Postby hansfn » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:42 pm

PivotX is using the standard mail function in PivotX. (Follow the link to find some examples that you can test to see if your server supports the PHP mail function. You might also get some useful warnings if you enable debugging in PivotX and post a test comment.)
hansfn
Developer

Postby RickyGoldsmith » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:05 pm

hansfn wrote:PivotX is using the standard mail function in PivotX. (Follow the link to find some examples that you can test to see if your server supports the PHP mail function. You might also get some useful warnings if you enable debugging in PivotX and post a test comment.)

Thanks. It was Gapps' stupid limitation of reserving webmaster@domain.tld for itself. Changing the email to something else solved it.
RickyGoldsmith

Postby smithfox » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:13 am

@hansfn,
How to open the function in PivotX2.2.5: just like " [ ] Notify me when a reply is posted ". Here the "me" is visitor, but not PivotX admin.
smithfox

Postby hansfn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:49 pm

That form input field is moved to "templates/_sub_commentform_extended.html". I recommend copying "templates/_sub_commentform_extended.html" to "templates/_sub_mycommentform.html" and then using

Code: Select all
[[commentform template='_sub_mycommentform.html' ]]

This way upgrading PivotX won't overwrite any changes you make to the comment form.
hansfn
Developer

Postby smithfox » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:49 am

@hansfn, Thank your information. I think the feature should be added into _sub_commentform.html by default. Because the 'Notify' checkbox is checked by the visitor.
smithfox

Return to 2.x Discussion