Best

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Best

Postby Ebola » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:04 pm

I know this won't a discussion-post,
but I want to thank Bob an the others for the best Weblog-Soft ever!!!
2.0: beta 1.2 is realy great and a real revolution!

http://www.extremefarming.net
Ebola

Re: Best

Postby Schop » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:01 pm

I don't know if it's the best one out there, but it sure is a good one :)

I've been doing some tests with a couple other scripts, especially Drupal, which is really nice, and regarded widely as the final solution for CMS's. The problem is often, that there are too many options for people that don't need them, which makes it complex.

The way you can create your own lay-outs and stuff is really very flexible in PivotX, and it's a great improvement over Pivot 1.x, because now you'll be able to create static pages in the back-end, which makes it a little more than just a blogging tool.

If you look around on a site like OpenSourceCMS.com, you'll see that there's a whole bunch of guys out there trying to do the same thing, and each product has their pros and cons. I always recommend Pivot to everybody though ;)

PivotX rules!
Schop
Contributor

Postby hansfn » Sat May 03, 2008 6:14 am

Yes, Drupal is great - I'm using it on several sites myself. However, they can't really be compared; Drupal is built to do anything, while PivotX is a blogging engine that works quite nicely as a small CMS. I think PivotX has much better templates - Drupal's templates are really ugly/hard to modify. I normally recommend both Pivot/PivotX and Drupal ;-)
hansfn
Developer

Postby Bob » Sun May 04, 2008 4:44 pm

In fact, at our company we work with both as well. Besides the points Hans raises, i feel that Drupal is much harder to learn for the average user. If only because there's no disctinction between the back- and front-end. *shivers*
Bob
Lead Developer

Postby Ebola » Mon May 05, 2008 8:58 am

For small Companies i install CMS Made Simple:http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/. Works fine and a easy job - after work on layouts.

I think that the real Ressource in X is much more than a BlogSoft or simple CMS. You guys did/do a real nice job - just the point "multiple weblogs" opens more doors than somehow worked out now.
Ebola

Postby Bob » Tue May 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Hans made some great progress on multiple weblogs last weeks, so that'll be a great boon. ;-)
Bob
Lead Developer

Return to 2.x Discussion