Suggestions

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Suggestions

Postby ilvalle » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi all,

since I hope your are going to schedule the new releases of pivotx I want to suggest a few (maybe) interesting features:
- sqlite support
- comments in page
- page review. My experience: I use to modify pages already published adding some text; however I haven't got the possibility (time, enthusiasm and so on) to finish the new part, so what I can do with the new updates? (1) save the updates but in this way the published page will contain some 'inconsistent' text. (2) hold the page but in this way I will lose for I while the whole published page, (3) cut and paste the update on my desktop and put it back in the page when they will be ready. Hence from my point of view a sort of 'state' is still missing in the pivotx system, I wondering in the possibility to let the user to modify a page, already published, and save the updates leaving the publish version as is.
- what you see what you get ! Some pages in the dashboard has different behaviours to save data. For instance int he user profile to save the modified field I need to click the save button while in the configuration page the fields are saved automatically when I click with the mouse in some other places.
- list all the extensions available in the extensions website and install them automatically whenever the user ask for one of them.
- update automatically the extensions when new versions are available
- backup all button; that save in one time: configuration, db, entry and themes (I want to do it automatically with a cron)
- entry/page editing: I cannot change the width of the textarea, Using FF with 1280x800 I have some 'white space' on the right but I cannot use it. Please lets the textarea to be able to fill the whole page removing the fixed width.

paolo
ilvalle

Re: Suggestions

Postby Harm10 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Please look at our feedback site http://pivotx.uservoice.com where you'll find some of your suggestions already and maybe add some more?
You can vote for existing suggestions. The higher the vote gets the more probable the implementation gets!
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby ilvalle » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:25 pm

ok, nice! I will do it.
btw, the ones below are more close to be bugs than suggestions:
- what you see what you get ! Some pages in the dashboard has different behaviours to save data. For instance int he user profile to save the modified field I need to click the save button while in the configuration page the fields are saved automatically when I click with the mouse in some other places.
- entry/page editing: I cannot change the width of the textarea, Using FF with 1280x800 I have some 'white space' on the right but I cannot use it. Please lets the textarea to be able to fill the whole page removing the fixed width.

paolo
ilvalle

Postby Harm10 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:21 pm

If you want to get the right attention for your bugs please post them separate in the Bugs part of the forum.
So 1 bug per post.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Return to 2.x Discussion