Registered users without email addresses

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Registered users without email addresses

Postby Colp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:44 am

I've finally got my site up and running and have been working on my templates. I notice that the author displayed at the bottom of pages and entries links to the user email address. I'd like to disable this feature. I don't want public posters being able to see those addresses or be able to send emails to them. Display is through [[emailtonick]] with no options. How can I remove the link?

Alternatively, I'd like to register a user account without an email address. I think this scenario is entirely possible. Currently this is a mandatory field and it needs to be unique across all users so I can't use a common mailbox. How can I revert to an optional field?

Thanks
Colp

Re: Registered users without email addresses

Postby hansfn » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:59 am

PivotX is using [[ user field=emailtonick ]], not [[emailtonick]] In which template did you find this? Read the documentation about the user tag and select what you want to display.
hansfn
Developer

Re: Registered users without email addresses

Postby Colp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:26 pm

My sincere apologies, I misread the entry in the skinny template files for page, archive and entry. It is indeed [[ user field=emailtonick ]]. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Colp

Return to 2.x Discussion