A couple of questions

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Re: A couple of questions

Postby amro » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:06 am

Ok, since the developers here are being very helpful, I'll ask more questions :)
Is there a difference between uploading files using the media management interface, and uploading them by ftp to the images/ directory? Does the database keep track of files added through the media management interface, or will the "select" button simply show all media files in the images/ directory regardless of how they were uploaded? The reason I'm asking is that I'm moving my blog over from some blogging service and adding the images and files one by one would be tedious.
Also, is there a way to stop the system from creating yr-mo\ directories for the uploaded files? If I wanted to upload a logo for example, it would make more sense to have it uploaded to the root directory rather than a date-specific subdirectory. Thank you.
amro

Postby Harm10 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 am

You are welcome to pose any question you'd like! But............... to keep things structured we'd like you to create new forum posts for unrelated questions. The general idea is, besides a better overview, that others can more easily benefit from it if questions are split on topic. You understand? Maybe some of your questions have already been asked before.............. ;)

There is no difference in uploading files through ftp or manage media (you can also upload more there). I personally only use ftp to do the "big" work because it works far better.

The yr-mo directory creation is a result of a config setting (you are looking at the default setting). Look at the configuration / fileupload tab and see what is specified for upload path.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby amro » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:11 am

Great, thanks! From now on, if I find that I need to ask more questions, I will create a new thread for each specific topic.
amro

Previous

Return to 2.x Discussion