DoFollow Comments

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

DoFollow Comments

Postby blogsash » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Hello people,

I have a question though because I want to change my PivotX comments on DoFollow, so remove the NoFollow attribute. What do I need this? Thank you in advance!
blogsash

Re: DoFollow Comments

Postby Harm10 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 pm

I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean the URL specified by the commenter? If so copy the comment template to a different name, edit it and use that version.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby hansfn » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:04 pm

He-he, you have discovered a nice "feature" in PivotX. The weblog parameter "lastcomm_redirect" (named so for another reason long time ago) controls whether rel=nofollow is added. However, there is no GUI to modify the value...

You have 3 options:
  1. Hack the PivotX core - search for "lastcomm_redirect" in the file modules/module_smarty.php and remove the if statement that adds the rel=nofollow.
  2. Hack/modify your theme's .theme file. Search for "lastcomm_redirect" and change the value from 1 to 0. (Dangerous to edit since that files is a serialized PHP array.)
  3. Create an extension that uses the comment_after_parse hook to remove the rel=nofollow.
The last option is best, no hacking, but it shouldn't be this hard. There should be a general (not weblog specific) parameter/configuration setting that turns rel=nofollow on or off. Maybe Harm has the time to fix this?
hansfn
Developer

Postby blogsash » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:24 am

@ Harm10,
yes I mean this URL, so the commentator link. And I have decided on an option has mentioned the @ hansfn.

@ Hansfn,
Thank you for this assistance and a detailed answer. I chose option 1 and have deleted the nofollow attribute from the file module_smarty.php. Overall, the NoFollow occurred several times.

I have checked my blog comments. The NoFollow attribute is now removed.
blogsash

Return to 2.x Discussion