Just want to say Thanks :)

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Just want to say Thanks :)

Postby Khevor » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:23 pm

I've been a user of Pivot since the days when version numbers were less than 1, the backend colours were red and white, and the configuration files were editted in Notepad. Since then, I've seen incredible leaps forward with Pivot and now Pivot-X and I just wanted to say to the developers and especially Bob, Wow! and Thank you. :)

I don't consider myself a real PHP programmer but I do know how tricky it can be to track down a given bug on my own machine. I've also worked as telephone tech support for computers and I really know what a pain it can be to try to track down a bug on someone else's machine. Just the same, you guys manage to ferret out bugs and fix them faster than I have ever seen on any other support forum for any other script or program available on the 'net. Your dedication to this project and the drive to make it work the way it was intended - as well as add 3rd party support in the form of extensions - is remarkable and admirable.

I would just like to say a heartfelt Thank You for all of the time, effort, and, no doubt, frustration that all developers have put into this project since its inception and beyond.

Also, I can't say all of that without looking at the Pivot community and giving Pivot users a salute as well. You go to any other forum and you find otherwise intelligent people acting like spoiled children. Here, however, the community is mature, patient, and know how to write a sentence to convey what their concerns, requests, or bugs are without resorting to name calling, idle threats, rants, and pouting. This community (for lack of more appropriate terminology) rocks. Of course, I can't leave out the one person that admins and maintains the community medium - Kevin. You sir, have done a great job keeping the forum and site in great shape and functioning while still maintaining a comfortable atmosphere (not to mention playing with phpBB in an effort to make it easier to use - and I know what a pain that can be at times too).

So Thank You to you all for all of your efforts (especially given that this project is one done in your spare time and offered freely) and to the community for making this place a pleasure to visit (and help in exterminating bugs when they rear their ugly heads. lol).
Khevor

Re: Just want to say Thanks :)

Postby Kevin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:01 am

From a fellow Ontarian (most of my life) I would like to thank you for your kind words.

Pivot is what it is because so many people have contributed in one way or another to the project.

The coders, led by Bob, deserve huge props. I was fortunate enough to meet with Hans earlier this year during a business trip to Norway. Hans, aside from being an excellent coder is a really nice guy. I take my hat off to them both and can honestly say that I am honored to be considered among such great company. And hey.. Pivot/PivotX users; Wow, what can I say? Thank you to the thousands of people who use Pivot every day and a very special thanks to those who take the time to come here to ask questions or provide assistance to other members of our community. If no one used Pivot(X), development would have stopped a long time ago. You guys (our community) ROCK!

My hat is off to the team.. and to you all.
BlogThemesExtensionsDocumentation • Support PivotX - Click the Donate button today!
Kevin
Administrator

Re: Just want to say Thanks :)

Postby Bob » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Khevor, thanks for your nice words! Truly appreciated! (and, this is what keeps us going ;-) )

Cheers, Bob.
Bob
Lead Developer

Return to 2.x Discussion