Greetings and a question

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Greetings and a question

Postby Plox » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:45 am

Hello everyone, I am new and I must say Pivot seems really easy to use etc. I only installed a 'test version' for now but it all looks great already. :)

I have a question though, as I will mostly use my blog for photodiary/gallery, I'd like to achieve this:

- I want a photo on the main page in the post, this photo will be the first one (in the introduction section) of a series within that post (in the body section).
- I would like that first photo to be clickable and directing to the body (thus opening that post) and displaying the other photos in that series

So basicly, in simple terms, I would like the photo in the introduction to act like the post-name, wich redirects to the complete post.

I know I could add a link to the photo everytime, wich would open the post, but is there a way to make it add that link on auto?

Cheers in advance!
Plox

Re: Greetings and a question

Postby Harm10 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:48 pm

First of all welcome!

For what you want you first need to install extension bonusfields and activate its galleryimagelist.
Then you need to dive into the templates and change the front template to only show the first image in the gallery (if it is filled) and perhaps no introduction.
Use the link tag to create an image that also links to the content.
In the content template (either entry or page) you can display the galleryimagelist like is described in the documentation of the extension itself.

You need to have some experience in programming to know how to handle those smarty tags in the template.
For a starter this could become to difficult at first. But if you study the structure of theme Skinny and its templates and perhaps after that theme Skinny expert to get to grips with the entire structure.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Plox » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Ok fair enough, and thanks for the reply. I will tweak the templates etc first, maybe I will figure it out in the end. It seems a lot is possible so I will see how it goes.
Plox

Postby Plox » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Hello again. I seem to have run into a minor, but annoying issue. I want to change the date-output;

As it is now (default) it shows the date plus the time of posting. I want to remove the time (the hour of posting) and only make it display the day-month-year.

I must be overlooking this as I cant find it, anyone know where this info is stored?

thanks in advance!
Plox

Postby Harm10 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Plox » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Thats it :D thanks!
Plox

Postby jareczek » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:20 am

Haha, someone had the same question.
jareczek

Return to 2.x Discussion