Way to display page list on a remote / non cms page?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Way to display page list on a remote / non cms page?

Postby gamberro » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi, just playing about with PivotX now. I know I'm causing myself a lot of hard work, but I still like using static pages for sites - but I'd like to use PivotX on the site to handle news section.
I've got a basic index.php, it has a column on the right with some links and links to news stories - I'd like to populate this section with page entry list.

I know I can use rss / magpie to do this if I posted entries - but entries use number url ie: e=4 - where as the pages use real text ie: p=this-is-my-news-page ( better for seo )

So, I'd like to create a page which I can include to my custom page - ie: require_once('pivotx/newslist.php')

Code: Select all
<h4>News</h4>       
    [[ pagelist
      chapterbegin="<ul id="subnavigation">"
      pages="<li %active%><a href='%link%' title='%subtitle%'>%title%</a></li>"
      chapterend="</ul>"
      isactive="id='active'"
    ]]         

Actually set up a new template with only a call to the aforementioned code and placed my file in the same directory - it only works if i have the ?P=blah after the file name - or else it renders the entire page from my second column.

So can anyone recomend what to hack so that I can just have the page list being generated in a single file which I can include via php?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

ps - I already creating a copy of render.php and setting $p = "news"; ( My page entry with editied template )
gamberro

Re: Way to display page list on a remote / non cms page?

Postby Harm10 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:29 pm

I don't think it is wise to hack the index.php. You will loose a lot of PivotX features (like link building, paging and navigation) if you change the base of it all.
If you want a static page as front page you can also edit the front.tpl of your theme to your desire while leaving the index.php intact.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby gamberro » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:11 pm

I know what you mean, I'm looking to use PivotX's features a lot more on a diferent domain but for this I just want to use the bits which work for me - namely just a standard cms with editor so that people can add pages to the news secton of a static website. I'm going to sit down and have a go myself either way but just thought it be good have a head start - ie: which files to include for db/rendering classes so that i can perform the quiery as above.

Good work either way - like how it's laid out
gamberro

Postby Harm10 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:36 pm

I should also point out that development on PivotX has been stopped for some time now.
So only bug fixing can be expected.

The new CMS now from the creators of PivotX: https://bolt.cm/
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby gamberro » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:53 am

yeah - sorry - bit stupid too - realised i can just write a script to get into the db itself and build a list by hand using uri and title fields. Working now. Cheers
gamberro

Return to 2.x Discussion