Chapters and Pages

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

Chapters and Pages

Postby etmeek » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:00 pm

After upgrading, playing around using some of the new features in PivotX the changes compared Pivot 1.x are incredible. Major kudos for all the hard work. I can't imagine a better, more lightweight and easy to use weblog.

One thing I'm confused about in the new version is the handling of Chapters and Pages. It appears there is support for display page summaries (i.e. in a subweblog type page) but I haven't found a way to display all the pages associated with a specific chapter. I don't know if I'm blind and just missing it or if the feature isn't implemented. I've looked through the source code (module_smarty.php) to see if it is possible to display chapters like this and couldn't find anything. It would be nice to be able to be able to display a chapter in a sub-weblog/archive format listing summaries of all the pages in the chapter (similar to displaying all the entries in a category).

I thought about when building a front-page for a friend. I wanted to list a menu the chapters in a side-bar and link them (not the pages since there could be so many pages to list all on the front page or a popup menu, etc) showing an archive/weblog type page with summaries of all the pages in that chapter. Is this in the cards as a future feature?

Edit: moved to the correct section.
etmeek

Re: Chapters and Pages

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi,

Take a look at the [[getpagelist]] tag. I think it will do what you need.
Bob
Lead Developer

Re: Chapters and Pages

Postby etmeek » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Bob, thanks for the reply. That is actually the tag I use to return the chapters and pages. Unfortunately, what I need it doesn't return or I don't know how to access it. What I need is a link for the chapters not the pages. Some of the chapters will accumulate to many pages (monthly newsletters from a missionary) to display all so I was looking for the link to the chapters so I could display a "more" link to the chapter after displaying the 3 most recent pages.

Am I missing this functionality in the [[getpagelist]] tag? From what I saw, there is no chapter links available just links for pages. I didn't see it in the code but is it possible to use $chapter.link?
etmeek

Return to 2.x Discussion