template selection

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

template selection

Postby lijn » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:25 pm

I have two issues with templates.

The first I have seen mentioned before: pages use no default template and default to the page_template in the bare_bones folder. Would be great if we could configure this.
If I remove the bare_bones folder and create a page_template.html in my own set of templates, it will use that, btw.

The second issue is a bit different: If I browse my blog in archive or category view, the first page uses frontpage_template.html, while subsequent pages use archive_template.html. I don't know if this is intentional or just a result the pivotx design, but I'd like to be able to change it to always use archive_template.html, since my archive pages have a different design from the front page, resulting in missing stuff on the first page of archive/category.

Just my 2c.
lijn

Re: template selection

Postby lijn » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:21 pm

An addition to this discussion (hmmm, I feel like I have MPD here... ;) ): I've noticed the 404 that's generated by PivotX uses the page_template (there it is again!) by default. Wouldn't it be better if that were the extrapage_template, so it comes up with a search box?
lijn

Return to 2.x Discussion