How to use BBClone on multiple weblogs?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

How to use BBClone on multiple weblogs?

Postby newsflash2000 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:06 am

I have two weblogs and I want to track them both with BBClone. I switched on the necessary BBClone hooks and extensions. But so far only the main weblog is tracked.

Right now I have added the following BBClone code to both frontpages of the weblogs: [[ bbclone_stats type="hits_entry" format=" " ]]. I explicitly kept format empty because we don't want any statistics on the weblogs.

My question is now: how do I make BBClone recognize both weblogs? As said only the main weblog and its pages are tracked, but I want to get statistics of both weblogs.

Hopefully one of you can steer me in the right direction.
newsflash2000

Re: How to use BBClone on multiple weblogs?

Postby hansfn » Tue May 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Thx for the bug report. The problem was that the title (which is used by BBClone to count/separate pages) was wrongly set on the weblog frontpages - always using the site name. This is fixed in patch/revision 1901 - just follow the "text changed" link to find the two lines you need to add.

NB! You don't need to insert [[ bbclone_stats ]] at all to make BBClone count your PivotX traffic. All the work is done behind the scenes when you enable the BBClone hook. In your case you are slowing down your pages by giving PivotX unnecessary work ;-)
hansfn
Developer

Re: How to use BBClone on multiple weblogs?

Postby newsflash2000 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks Hans, that worked! Thank you for your assistance :)
newsflash2000

Return to 2.x Discussion