Extension ideas

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Re: Extension ideas

Postby Harm10 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:37 pm

habbekak wrote:Isn't it a great idea to make a PivotX menu editor? So people can insert pages and weblogs into a menu for use on their websites.
How about the existing extension Hierarchical menus? http://extensions.pivotx.net/entry/33/menu
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Check box [ ]Make Sticky.

Postby RiCK » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Idea: An extension, with an option in the entry editor: ex. a check box [ ]Make Sticky.
And if you click it, makes that article always appear at the top of the category.

Useful for when you have an introduction article that makes more sense at the top than buried at the bottom.
RiCK

Postby hansfn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Sticky entries is actually covered in our documentation.

PS! A simpler approach is explained on our UserVoice page.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Colp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 am

A small calendar representation of the archives list showing either a yearly calendar with highlighed months where there are posts, or a monthly view with highlighted days where there are posts. The calendar should have usual navigations forwards and backwards in years and months, and links to to show the archives. The highlight could have the option to contain the number of posts in month/day too.

(Seems like there should be one already)
Colp

Postby Colp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:29 am

In situ editing of entries. Clicking an edit button on the displayed article and opening the mini editor within the page rather than switching to the editing screen. Like Sharepoint.
Colp

Postby Colp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:36 am

Not so much an extension, Extra fields for each user:

A user 'bio' field to display at the bottom of their entries with a photo (Although I suppose I could do this with a user's page introduction)
The number of posts by a user in the current blog
The last time they posted
Colp

Postby hons » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:14 pm

I really like pivotx, but there are some things missing.

First, something really small. In the extension gallery there is the "share" button opening a panel to share the post in the social networks. Maybe its already available and I just don't found it yet, but if not I would like to have it.

I need to create as next project a multilingual page. It would really help it could be added already when you enter a new blogpost; meaning when I write a blogpost there could be tabs with the other activated languages where I could enter it in more langs. A similar translation option should be available for the templates. If that's not possible I would need a documentation on how this could be achieved with the actual version.

Actually I'm a programmer, and I know that there could be much more extensions to the system if there would be an extension or a function inside that allows users to registrate themselfs on my page (user registration and login). Once this is available the possibilities are unlimited. I've a running PivotX installation at a customers page and they want now to add a second-hand shop. Meaning that users can registrate and post what they want to sell with pics and description and of course a contact info. Now I'm thinking if it is worth to try to implement it in PivotX (registration and a simple shop) or move to a system where this extensions exist already.

So... this are my ideas...
hons

Postby Harm10 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:55 pm

hons wrote:First, something really small. In the extension gallery there is the "share" button opening a panel to share the post in the social networks. Maybe its already available and I just don't found it yet, but if not I would like to have it.

There are several extensions that cover the social media. Check out the website: http://extensions.pivotx.net/

User registration already has a tag: http://book.pivotx.net/index.php?page=app-b#anchor-register95as95visitor_link although the registered values per user are limited.

If you are a new starter to PivotX you could also check out its successor for small sites: http://bolt.cm/ which also has a place in this forum.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby RiCK » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:22 am

I would love to see an extension, that could allow registered users to stream, or record, from their webcam; to make live feeds, or pre-recorded shows for the blog! :idea:
RiCK

Previous

Return to 2.x Extensions