pivotx date error

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

pivotx date error

Postby webchamp » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:24 am

I just installed pivotx on my winodws box, running apache 2 and php 5

So far, and maybe it is because I am tired, but I got an error and don't have a clue where to go to solve it.

Is it an Apache issue? Or a pivot problem, or a php config issue? (I ran nibble blog a php blog on this server)

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for '-4.0/DST' instead in C:\websites\mediacritic\pivotx\modules\module_spamkiller.php on line 20

Where do I set the date that is complained about here?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize in adive if this one is too easy, but I have been out of technology for a couple of years after being in it since 1967, but coming back, my brain is lacking the kind of tenacity and problem solving capacity it once had.
Iam sure it will come back, but right now, I have hit the wall.

David
webchamp

Re: pivotx date error

Postby hansfn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:49 am

This has been reported many times before (use the forum search). It isn't a PivotX specific issue - you just need tell PHP the timezone you are in. Search for "date.timezone" in /etc/php.ini - or as I replied in this thread:

You should be able to set in a .htaccess file too:

Code: Select all
php_value date.timezone 'Europe/London'

If that didn't work - please test first - you can insert

Code: Select all
ini_set('date.timezone', 'Europe/London');

in the beginning of lib.php.

There is no common file for customization. (There probably should be.)
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Discussion