Uploading files to template folder

A forum for Bolt related questions / issues

Uploading files to template folder

Postby Stark Raving » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Just curious why, when I use the "browse" and "upload file" features in Bolt, that twig files end up with an additional extention that I cannot change? For example: I upload "newfile.twig" and once it is listed the name is "newfile.twig.file"

There is no option to rename a file, so I cannot use the Bolt upload feature. I have to open an ftp client to load anything into the template folder. I wonder if it's because I'm using a MAC?

Cheers.
"After I'm dead I would rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one." ~ Cato the Elder

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Stark Raving
Silver Sponsor

Re: Uploading files to template folder

Postby streeff » Sun May 11, 2014 8:33 am

...but if you are the type of person that can produce .yml files, why not use ftp?
Evert Albers, Streeff - web // branding // information design - Amersfoort & Amsterdam, NL
Site: http://www.streeff.nl
streeff

Postby Stark Raving » Sun May 11, 2014 7:37 pm

Yes, I do use ftp. That isn't the point. Bolt has a feature "upload file". Don't remember why I used it, but I did, and the system added the extension. This doesn't happen when uploading photos or other images. Why, I don't know. Maybe there is a good reason for it. So, if I can upload files with Bolt, does it not seem reasonable to also be able to rename files? Just asking.
"After I'm dead I would rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one." ~ Cato the Elder

Stark Raving
Silver Sponsor

Postby hansfn » Mon May 12, 2014 7:27 am

This is a security measure of course. Uploading arbitrary file types or changing file extensions is very dangerous if unwanted or untrusted users have access to the file upload mechanism. I'm sure there is a config setting in Bolt telling which files types you are allowed to upload.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Stark Raving » Mon May 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks Hans. With PivotX I could upload tpl files with no problem, and change the name of the file. Just never thought of twig files differently. But "safer upload" is understandable.

Cheers

Stark Raving
Silver Sponsor

Return to Bolt Discussion