PivotX to WordPress

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

PivotX to WordPress

Postby Logfather » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:44 pm

What is the latest script or method to transfer all entries in PivotX to WordPress? I can make an XML export but this is a different format than most importers in WP accept?
Logfather

Re: PivotX to WordPress

Postby jult » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:51 pm

+1

Anyone? How to convert flatfile pivotx to WP 3.9* ?
jult

Postby eduh » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:01 pm

You may try this little 5 minute script https://github.com/eduh/Pivotx-To-Wordpress/
eduh

Postby Harm10 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:29 am

Does it take care of Pages and Chapters too?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby hansfn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:43 am

No, it doesn't handle pages or pages. The script (above) is generating an RSS feed (of entries) which WordPress then imports. (Just like the situation with Bolt.)

PS! You probably don't even have to use the script above. Just modify the standard PivotX feed to include all entries in complete form, save the feed and use the RSS import in Wordpress. Read the Wordpress documentation - importing from Pivot (which I could update so it is correct for PivotX) and importing from RSS.

Added:

Just for the record: Bob wrote an WXR exporter (like the one eduh wrote above), but as a PivotX extension - see this forum post.

Added:

Hm, the WXR exporter from Bob actually handles pages. This is interesting in relationship with Bolt's WXRImporter. I'll look into the extension this week.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Harm10 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:29 am

Just to let you all know: we are busy with the WXR exporter so it can be used to import into Bolt and WP.
Soon there will be a new version.

Harm10
Developer

Postby eduh » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:00 am

Just did some last tiny bits on the pivotx to wordpress transform. Also added a little script to convert the post counts when using the wzup extension. Find it on https://github.com/eduh/Pivotx-To-Wordpress I migrated one site and that took 5 minutes. The advantage to do it outside pivotx is that you `may` transform some specific parts or do some extra custom stuff.
eduh

Postby blausand » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:50 pm

Harm10 wrote:Just to let you all know: we are busy with the WXR exporter so it can be used to import into Bolt and WP.
Soon there will be a new version.

What kind of soon is in your mind, Harm? :D

To be honest, i have serious eye aches now because i reversely read the threads leading me to this post for too long, in order to be sure i don't miss an update of what started as some user contributed hacks.

I know it's asking for very very late support, but every attempt to execute the migration of my multisite installation (blausand.net and 3 more) from PivotX to WP got stuck because i'm so frightened to fuck everything up.

I even refrain from hitting the [Export db] button since below there's this disclaimer sending me into the file system of my hosting service. Really, i just feel scared :?

I suggest that whatever is the best result emigrating users could get, might be packaged as a PlugIn so it is listed among the existing 62 PivotX PlugIns.
-=- using pivotX 2.3.6 -=- having multiSite installation -=- loving extensions -=- breaking free from fixed width bLog-layouts -=- adding wild js and css to templates -=-
blausand

Postby Harm10 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:59 am

Hi blausand!

WXRexport is already a very long time (years) part of the PivotX zip. You can use it to export from PivotX to Wordpress, the Bolt part was never realised.
I guess that is why it was never published as an "official" extension.
It still works for the Wordpress side ( I recently used it ).

If you want me to help you we should discuss this outside this post.

Harm10
Developer

Postby blausand » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Perfect, Harm. Wasn't aware of that - how could i =)
I'll try to find my way and eventually get back to you.
-=- using pivotX 2.3.6 -=- having multiSite installation -=- loving extensions -=- breaking free from fixed width bLog-layouts -=- adding wild js and css to templates -=-
blausand

Return to 2.x Support Forum