Login problems to forum with Safari

Use this forum to make posts not related to PivotX. Do you use a tool that someone else might like or need to test something like your signature or some bbcode? This is the right place for you! Spamming will not be tolerated.

Login problems to forum with Safari

Postby nithilher » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Is this known or can anybody else reproduce this?

Using OS X 10.4.11 with Safari 3.1.2: I cannot properly login to the forum. Any attempt to do something like writing a post or viewing my profile after apparently successful login immediately throws me back to the login screen.

This does not happen when I use firefox (3.0.1)
nithilher

Re: Login problems to forum with Safari

Postby Kevin » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:25 am

Are cookies enabled in the browser? Can you clear the cache and try again?
BlogThemesExtensionsDocumentation • Support PivotX - Click the Donate button today!
Kevin
Administrator

Postby nithilher » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Cookies are enabled.

I deleted all cookies and cleared the cache. Then I tried again. No change. I still cannot do anything with Safari, for which I need to be logged in. I get the login screen. I log in successfully, but as soon as I am redirected to the previous page, I simply get the login screen again.

With Firefox, there is no problem.
nithilher

Postby nithilher » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:55 pm

I tried more things:

Reinstalling Safari 3.1.2 from the download page of Apple.
    Repairing start volume and access rights.
    Resetting Safari.
    Deleting all entries with pivotx from the keychain.
    Googling around extensively to find any further hints.
Nothing helped. All other browsers I can use (firefox, camino, opera) have no problem with the forum, but with safari I am stuck in a login loop. Strange thing, however: It appears that, so far, this is the only site where this happens. Can anybody else reproduce this? Does anybody else have problems with any safari version on os x?
nithilher

Postby Kevin » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:40 pm

I am not able to test this myself. Maybe Bob or Hans can see if they have this problem on their Macs. If anyone determines that there i any action I can take to help please let me know.
BlogThemesExtensionsDocumentation • Support PivotX - Click the Donate button today!
Kevin
Administrator

Postby Alphaman » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm having the exact same problem, but using Safari 5.0.2 on Snow Leopard (10.6.4).

At first, I thought I was locked out with a cookie because I had such a horrific time trying to provide the correct CAPTCHA during registration (even though I was entering the right CAPTCHA, it continuously rejected me). I was subsequently able to successfully register via my iPad (with Safari 4), authenticate, and then login on my iPad and also my Mac using Firefox (3.6.7); however, I still can't login using Safari. And yes, I've wiped all cookies related to pivotx.net and turned off Safari AdBlock.

Wuzzup wid dat??????????
Alphaman

Postby Alphaman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Just to provide a bit more evidence for my previous post, here's a screenshot showing that I logged in successfully, but it's saying I'm not logged in; note the Username prompt in addition to the list of registered users currently logged in as including me!

Even watching the Activity window in Safari revealed no errors nor other clues about what might be failing, neither was anything logged in its Error Console. Most curious.
Alphaman

Return to The Drain