deprecated function mysql in pivotx?

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

deprecated function mysql in pivotx?

Postby dubbelf » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:10 am

I'm still a happy user of PivotX. I hope people are still following this forum. My hosting provider is phasing out the use of php5, so I have to change to php7.2. If I do that, however, my weblog (and my pivotx installation) only show a blank screen. The log file shows a fatal error in the command mysql_connect. It seems that this is a deprecated function.
Does anyone know what to do about this? I thought that pivot was working fine with php7.2? I use pivotX 2.3.11.

The error log reads:
[Thu Feb 28 11:15:04.261532 2019] [php7:error] [pid 11501] [client 83.83.96.41:50486] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /domains/frankmulder.info/DEFAULT/pivotx/modules/module_sql.php:99\nStack trace:\n#0 /domains/frankmulder.info/DEFAULT/pivotx/modules/module_sql.php(268): sql->connection()\n#1 /domains/frankmulder.info/DEFAULT/pivotx/modules/entries_sql.php(96): sql->query('SHOW TABLES LIK...')\n#2 /domains/frankmulder.info/DEFAULT/pivotx/modules/module_db.php(52): EntriesSql->EntriesSql(true)\n#3 /domains/frankmulder.info/DEFAULT/pivotx/lib.php(174): db->db()\n#4 /domains/frankmulder.info/DEFAULT/pivotx/render.php(67): initializePivotX()\n#5 /domains/frankmulder.info/DEFAULT/index.php(23): require_once('/domains/frankm...')\n#6 {main}\n thrown in /domains/frankmulder.info/DEFAULT/pivotx/modules/module_sql.php on line 99
dubbelf

Re: deprecated function mysql in pivotx?

Postby hansfn » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi! I don't have time to check this right now, but please read viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4839

If the problem is present after updating to the latest unreleased version, I'm happy to investigate further.

Hans - part of the (inactive) PivotX team
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Support Forum