my web with pivotx

Use this forum to make posts not related to PivotX. Do you use a tool that someone else might like or need to test something like your signature or some bbcode? This is the right place for you! Spamming will not be tolerated.

my web with pivotx

Postby loriswave » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi,
this for inform tath upgrade from pivot 1.4 is finish, at www.loriswave.altervista.org my spase powered with PivotX
loriswave

Re: my web with pivotx

Postby loriswave » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:07 am

Hi,
I have added a english version of site, but unlike use a different category, different entry and a different template I have implement this workflow:
I have duplicate a "extra link field" and modified with a 3 text space and no picture.
the 3 text space are:
Subtile English
Intro Englis
Body English

I have created a template for english that use a "extra field" unlike a [[body]] and [[introduction]], also have add a [[if]] condition so then extrafield intro is empity not show a entry.

in italian template i have added a [[if]] condition so if in entry ""extrafield intro"" is not empity add a link to saim entry in weblog english and a ""extrafield sub"" for little description.

finaly I have duplicate a weblog and assign a template for english.

thus I use a single entry for italian and english, the category is the saim. in search I have only one entry and not duplicate, but in italian lenguage.

the problem is that in text space you can write link o image, but not with tag [[]] but in html code, when you re open a entry or page for modifyed must to delete content of text e rewrite because pivotx read a html saim part a administration page.

I hope with a upgrade or with a new exstension resolve this problem and the problem with search so I can expose in englis template result in english.

Last note, for secondary weblog instead a new template ( change only a color and som image ) I have use a separate css taht is indicate with a name of weblog,
in head after a load of default style this code:
<link href="[[ template_dir ]]style[[weblogid]].css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" />

if your secondary weblog have id news, you create a file stilenews.css and into write a new style.
load different css in base of id of weblog, so for little differences is more useful.

I know my englis isn't good, i hope you can however understand and if anyone is interested I can explain more.
loriswave

Re: my web with pivotx

Postby loriswave » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:10 am

The Problem is "Search", I have try to isolate englis entry but in search is impossible.
is impossible limit a search,
is impossible filter a result,
is impossible ad a image at start of intro so is the first thing showed in serach result
is impossible add a class for text for different color.

anybody have a solution?
loriswave

Return to The Drain