A few suggestions

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

A few suggestions

Postby gwbonline » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:20 am

Hi,

I have two suggestions to make PivotX even better:

- When I click on the title of the website (right top corner), the website opens in the same window or tab where PivotX is in. Is it possible to change this? That the website opens in a new window or tab? The same thing with Dashboard » View website.

- When I want to publish an image or a download and go to the folder via 'Mediabeheer' or the Insert an image/download button, the content isn't ordered alphabetically. Is it possible to make this displayed alphabetically for default or with an option so everyone can choose?

- I think it is better to rename 'Mediabeheer' in the submenu of 'Mediabeheer' to 'Foto's & Downloads' (Images & Downloads). Now I have two times 'Mediabeheer' (main menu and submenu). It is more logical to change this because 'Templates', 'Database files' and 'Explore files' are also options on there own.

- I think it is also more logical to place the submenu option 'Moderate comments' in 'Administration' instead of 'Entries & Pages'.

- When I go to 'Entries & Pages » Moderate comments', I can select, remove and publish comments. But I can't edit them. This can only be done via the dashboard by clicking the title or the edit button of the comment. Is it possible to also have an edit button on the comment page via Entries & Pages » Moderate comments?
gwbonline

Re: A few suggestions

Postby Harm10 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:03 pm

I second them all except the first one. It's fairly easy to do right-mouseclick and select what type of opening you want. When just leftclicking I think you should stay in the same window. This is normal behavior for most sites as long as you stay within that site.

For the sort suggestion it maybe would be nice to have similar features as Windows Explorer gives you i.e. just click on the header of a column and the information gets sorted accordingly.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby hansfn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:06 pm

When I want to publish an image or a download and go to the folder via 'Mediabeheer' or the Insert an image/download button, the content isn't ordered alphabetically.

What version of PivotX are you using? If I understand what you are talking about, everything is sorted for me ... You better grab a newer version from http://pivotx.net/files/unstable-development/
hansfn
Developer

Postby Harm10 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:39 pm

hansfn wrote:What version of PivotX are you using? If I understand what you are talking about, everything is sorted for me ... You better grab a newer version from http://pivotx.net/files/unstable-development/

Mine isn't sorted too...... or maybe wait..... ;) it's lower and uppercase...... so it's sorted! But I'd like to be able to sort on size as well..... is that possible?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby hansfn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:08 pm

But I'd like to be able to sort on size as well..... is that possible?

Very low priority.
hansfn
Developer

Postby gwbonline » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:38 am

I use the last stable release of PivotX. When I want to add an image in a page or entry, the list of files is not ordered alphabetically.

gwbonline

Postby hansfn » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:44 am

What exactly didn't you get in what I wrote:

You better grab a newer version from http://pivotx.net/files/unstable-development/
hansfn
Developer

Postby gwbonline » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 am

I learned not to use an unstable release when it's not absolutely necessary.

And it wasn't clear to me, even after you mentioned that I should grab an unstable release, that the list it is ordered alphabetically in an unstable release of PivotX.

I just try to help with making PivotX better.
gwbonline

Return to 2.x Discussion