saving images according to chapter of category?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x here. Non-PivotX related discussions go in The Drain.

saving images according to chapter of category?

Postby rabbeltje » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:08 pm

i was just wondering if this is a possible future feature. right now, my images are saved according to date - like for my own site, each time i upload an image, it gets saved on the server in a folder with a name of that year+month (for example 2010-01). is it in any way possible to have an option to have images saved in a folder according to category, or perhaps chapter for images on pages? shoot me if i am asking the impossible question again, like i said, just wondering :)
rabbeltje

Re: saving images according to chapter of category?

Postby Bob » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi Hanneke,

I've thought about this, and would like it if this were possible, but this is very hard to do. Imagine if you're writing a new entry, and you upload an image. Where will that image be stored, if you haven't selected a category before? And, will the image somehow moved, once you select a category? It'll be really hard to know where it should be saved.

What happens if you select two categories? or if you change it later?

These are difficult questions, and they would probably be very hard to implement properly, without leading to confusion. On the other hand: Once you upload an image, there's no doubt about the current month, so we'll always have a reliable, predictable location to store the image. :-)
Bob
Lead Developer

Re: saving images according to chapter of category?

Postby rabbeltje » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:57 am

i didn't even think about no category, or multiple categories! i guess you're right :) but thanks for thinking about it anyway!
rabbeltje

Return to 2.x Discussion