Unable to save configuration changes

Get help with installation and running PivotX 2.0.x here. Please do not post Extension or Theme related questions here.

Re: Unable to save configuration changes

Postby wesmat » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Yes, a single click logs me out.
wesmat

Postby wesmat » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:17 pm

hansfn wrote:If you don't find a solution today, I would move on - don't waste any more time on this. Try one of the other excellent open-source blogging/light CMS tools.

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any recommendations? I have two requirements.. 1) Use flat-file storage. 2) Embed within existing site (I can get almost anything to do this).
wesmat

Postby amro » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:12 am

I'm sorry to bring this old thread up but I thought it's important to let people who may be facing the same problem and come to this thread for help (like me). I've been working with PivotX for the last few days, sometimes online and sometimes locally for testing purposes, but then I had the same problem as OP. I've solved it by clearing my browser's cache, cookies, password-protected pages... etc. Now it's working flawlessly. Rock on!
amro

Postby wesmat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 pm

I wish that was the fix for me, but it doesn't help. I'm moving on to another product - flatpress.
wesmat

Postby rvandensen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:03 pm

I have moved to a new server because of hosting issues. Currently my website is in a test environment. It is a one-on-one copy, including mysql database, of the original environment. Everything seems to work fine, except /pivotx has some unusual issues. I can't figure out what's wrong.

1) Can't save configuration changes (which is why I post this in this topic). Not like the original poster, the save changes button's simply... deactivated. And won't reactivate.
See: http://twitpic.com/bzckz0
2) The internal template seems a bit messed up. (Could be related.) Yet, again, I can't figure out why because it's a perfect copy of the original environment. But tabs under 'configuration' that should be aligned next to one another now show as a straight-down list of 'blue links' and when I mouse-over the top menu, it won't automatically change, I need to click things.

It almost feels like I'm using IE 5.5 or something, but I assure you, I use the exact same browser as on the original enviroment (which still works fine).
Anyone have any idea where I should start looking for the problem ? Thanks. - René
rvandensen

Postby hansfn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:19 pm

You are using PivotX 2.3.6, right, and you have enabled "Use Minify in Backend"? If so, you have been hit by an annoying bug. I don't have time to post a fix right now, but I'll return tomorrow ;-)
hansfn
Developer

Postby hansfn » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:06 pm

In pivotx/includes/minify/index.php add

Code: Select all
// Disable minifying of Javascript
$min_serveOptions['minifiers'][Minify::TYPE_JS] = '';

just before

if ($min_allowDebugFlag && isset($_GET['debug'])) {
    $min_serveOptions['debug'] = true;
}

The change might take some time to take effect because of Minify caching. (Remove all files starting with "minify_" in the pivotx/db/cache folder to get immediate effect.)
hansfn
Developer

Postby rvandensen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:39 pm

I'll give that a try, thanks ! And yes, right on both counts.
rvandensen

Postby rvandensen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:29 pm

Works ! THANKS !
rvandensen

Postby rkand » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:32 pm

I am having a similar problem. I can log in, but any changes I make in the configuration page doesn't stick, as well if I edit the weblog (Ie the order or payoff), no change is seen after clicking 'back to weblogs'.

I tried enabling debugging, this is what came up:
2013-07-08 18:19:21 - 0.023 -- modules/module_debug.php:414 / userErrorHandler() --  ( 11259208 ) 
Warning: Missing argument 2 for Events::add(), called in <snip>/blog/pivotx/objects.php on line 2287 and defined. (in 'pivotx/objects.php' on line 3586)

2013-07-08 18:19:27 - 0.022 -- modules/module_debug.php:414 / userErrorHandler() --  ( 11301720 ) 
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach(). (in 'pivotx/objects.php' on line 2480)
rkand

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Support Forum